• 1,000,000 views!

Posted by Jeffery Ohlwine on 31/05/2021 at 15:35

As with most weekend mornings, starting the day with MLT YouTube videos playing while fixing breakfast, and I happened to notice “You Can’t do That” has reached 1M views! Not sure if it happened just before or just after it’s one year anniversary of release earlier in May, but I’d say ????????????????????! One of my fave Cavern Club vids, especially when Lisa turns Mona loose for her primal scream and guitar solo! Congrats, Ladies!

Lynn T. Newcomb replied 3 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Jung Roe

01/06/2021 at 05:05

Jeff, yeah a big congrats to MLT. It’s so awesome to see many MLT videos hitting those magic row of zeroes! It’s become my favorite number lately.

There is something very special when something you create touches and moves so many souls so many times in such a positive way for as far as the eye can see!

X,000,000…….

• Lynn T. Newcomb

16/06/2021 at 01:34

Start binge watching “I’ll Follow the Sun”, Jeffrey (and any other club members reading this). It’s still a couple weeks away, but it is closing in on becoming MLT’s 18th song to reach 1,000,000 views. “Hotel California” is slowly makin its way to that mark as well, even without the general U.S. population (It’s banned in the U.S., but some of us know how to circumvent the ban).

By the way, “You Can’t Do That” was the third fastest to reach a million (1 year, 10 days).

• Jung Roe

16/06/2021 at 06:31

Lynn, wow 18th to hit 1M! In 2017 when I discovered MLT, I recall 2 or 3 had hit a million, Drive My Car and While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and in just 3 or 4 years, 18 of them and more coming up. I love the growth and acceleration in views. As MLT keep creating, 100M, 1000M total youtube channel views are not too far off. Exponential growth.

• Jeffery Ohlwine

16/06/2021 at 11:59

Thanks, guys! Lynn, I wish I were tech savvy enough to know how to circumvent the ban. I’d love to see the “Hotel California” vid, especially after the pics and description of their adventures making it! As for binge watching ” I’ll Follow…” that’ll be a pleasure! One of my faves, and I kinda do that anyway! ????

• Lynn T. Newcomb

16/06/2021 at 14:08

Jeffery, it is not necessarily very complicated. I have Norton 360 as my security software. One of the features it provides is a “Secure VPN” which allows me to tell the internet I’m in Canada, not the U.S. It’s possible your virus software also has this feature. If not, I think there are ways to set up a Secure VPN independently (look it up on YouTube). Some websites won’t let you access them if you have Secure VPN turned on, but, so far, YouTube isn’t one of them.

• Jeffery Ohlwine

16/06/2021 at 15:53

Thanks, Lynn! Thanks, David! There’s still hope! I’ll try later tonight.

• David Herrick

16/06/2021 at 14:30

I found a link to a viewable version of the video on a site other than YouTube just by typing “MonaLisa Twins” and “Hotel California” into a search engine.

• Jeffery Ohlwine

16/06/2021 at 20:32

Thanks, David! That worked fine. Ashamed to say I never thought of trying a basic search. Shouldn’t have assumed the ban would cover all platforms. Just enjoyed the vid on my phone, and I’ll show it to my folks on the laptop later. Lynn, thanks for your advice, but I’m afraid the twins will have to reach 1m YouTube views without mine this time! David’s solution was just so easy!

• David Herrick

16/06/2021 at 20:50

Desperate times call for desperate measures, Jeffery!

Meanwhile, we’re just a few thousand views away from While My Guitar Gently Weeps reaching five million.

• Lynn T. Newcomb

16/06/2021 at 21:01

Thanks for pointing that out, David. Should happen this weekend.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!