• Tom Fones

29/04/2022 at 21:30

it’s the (college) ladies who are keeping fastpitch alive.

This breaks my heart but Maddie has some great heroines to look up to.

And maybe a partial scholarship to look forward to.

• Christopher

02/05/2022 at 16:31

Girls fastpitch is good! They chant, chant, chant, in the dugout. In comparison, our baseball players just sit there and spit seeds, except at home. Seeds are prohibited since we play on a turf field.

I am convinced that a top softball pitcher could strike out a high school baseball lineup. They would not be used to the rising pitches from 45 feet. There is one young lady on the varsity who is simply awesome. Her arm is a cannon, both pitching and overhand from third base!

• Tom Fones

02/05/2022 at 18:01

Forgive me for bragging. I was pretty good a Fastpitch back in the day.

If you can’t get on top of that riser – they don’t have to throw anything else.

And they can throw all day. Hardly any arm stress.

• Bill Isenberg

02/05/2022 at 18:27

Tom, Maddie’s mom was a pitcher in high school and collage and she was not the fastest on the squad ( her fast ball was 52 miles ) but she knew to pitch location , inside or outside and high or low but her walk ratio was very low. So cool to hear you pitched back in the day Tom, me? I played center field my entire career until I got into my late 30’s and came into the infield to pitch or play first base, I Am a left hander, or southpaw….LOL…

• Tom Fones

02/05/2022 at 18:49

No i didnt pitch. I tried to hit that stuff with some success. Back in the 70’s

I still remember Clemente throwing out Rettenmund at third in the 1971 WS.

(As an Os) fan. That guy had a cannon. He died a hero.

• Tom Fones

02/05/2022 at 18:57

I played 1st base & right field. I had a good arm overhand. I am a southpaw as well.

Page 2 of 2

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!