MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion 2 Years since launch of Janitor Joe

• 2 Years since launch of Janitor Joe

Posted by Jung Roe on 25/12/2023 at 20:02

Here is a little Christmas magic story.

I found this interesting video about the James Webb Space Telescope 2 years in now about what it discovered so far. With so much tragedy in the news these days, it was a breath of fresh air to discover this story about hope, aspiration, and imagination of humanity. The great things humanity is capable of.

I can’t help but correlate MLTs release of their latest new song Janitor Joe in 2021 to the MLT Club, and the launch of the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) that same year on Christmas Day 2021. The JWST is “Looking down on Mother Earth Flying through the universe” on an amazing adventure exploring into the vast unknown. JWST for me is in essence the imagination of Janitor Joe realized. Then in the summer of this year, James Webb discovered a ? question mark in space, a big cosmic “WHY?”, just as the vinyl for album WHY? is released. What a pleasant coincidence, or is it just a coincidence????

https://youtu.be/SnqTLCt9yvQ?si=DyK56seCVUgeX77_

The James Webb Space Telescope continues to provide answers about the earliest days of the universe, but it’s also discovering more questions.
    Question marks, to be precise. The James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) team at the European Space Agency (ESA) released an image on Wednesday (June 26) offering the most detailed look yet at two actively forming young stars located 1,470 light-years from Earth in the Vela Constellation. In the image, the stars, named Herbig-Haro 46/47, are surrounded by a disk of material that “feeds” the stars as they grow for millions of years.
    But just below those stars, in the background of the stunning deep-space image, is an object resembling a giant cosmic question mark. Is the universe asking us something?

Jung Roe replied 8 months, 3 weeks ago 6 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • David Herrick

26/12/2023 at 05:20

That’s a really great video, Jung! It explains the capabilities and accomplishments of Webb in a way that anyone can understand.

One thing that a lot of people don’t appreciate about NASA is what an incredible return on investment they provide. Their funding amounts to just a fraction of a percent of the U.S. budget, and yet they always return amazing images and scientific data, just as advertised.

Even when spacecraft become crippled (such as Voyager 2 and Galileo), the engineers manage to devise a workaround to salvage the mission. And most spacecraft end up lasting for many times longer than their designed lifetimes, resulting in vast quantities of additional science that is essentially free.

• Jung Roe

27/12/2023 at 03:44

Hi David

Certainly the billions in funding NASA, is money well spent, and a great investment into humanities future. While it is great to see private investment into space programs like SPACEX, that can lead to even more innovation, I think there is always the tendency for it to get derailed or misused for greed, profit, and power by special interest groups. I think the US Government should always continue to fund NASA’s space programs for the purpose of science and science alone to further humanity’s horizon.

• Jeannette Wannamaker

26/12/2023 at 17:27

Amazing, Jung! Wonderful coincidence!

• Tim Hilton

27/12/2023 at 04:19

Coincidence…..? Maybe Janitor Joe delivered something out in to deep space…. I don’t know “Why”🎶 I think that??? 😳🤔🤓

• Tim Arnold

27/12/2023 at 01:34

Jung,

That’s a cool and very interesting video and could that question mark be somehow tied to our Twins or Janitor Joe through some means that we don’t understand? Could it be a sign from someone we all admire that had a vision of peace and brotherhood and whose spirit now lives in the heavens? A person that greatly inspired Mona and Lisa who are the artists that produced the incredible visionary masterpiece called WHY?. I was reminded by MLT Club member Rick Twomey that there was a sign that was held by fans in New York City after John Lennon was killed, one word and one symbol. Was it an inspiration for the song or album or was it just, yet another coincidence? This was the sign and now it makes me more curious.

• Jung Roe

27/12/2023 at 03:35

Hi Tim, Jeannette

Great photo, and one that makes you wonder. I believe we are all connected with one another and the universe. There are phenomena like Quantum Entanglement that defies our classical understanding of the universe:

Entanglement is a phenomenon where two or more particles become interconnected in such a way that the state of one particle is directly related to the state of another, regardless of the distance between them. Great physicists Einstein, Podolsky, and Rosen argued that if quantum mechanics were correct, it would imply “spooky action at a distance” because changes to one entangled particle’s state could instantaneously affect the state of another, even if they were light-years apart.

Researchers continue to explore the nature of entanglement and its broader implications for our understanding of space, time, and information.

With coincidence, I always remember this inspired insight from a great mind. “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous” – Albert Einstein.

Certainly the senselessness of John Lennon’s murder evoked a big question mark, and that passionate cry echoed across the decades for MLT who are greatly inspired by the genius of John Lennon and the Beatles to resonate passionately in their own album. John Lennon dared to question the events of his time, just as MLT questions the absurdity that goes on in our time. I don’t believe it is just a coincidence. MLT album WHY? is a remarkable masterpiece and perhaps MLT’s inspiration and creativity like all great work of art masterpieces in history tapped into something that is beyond our understanding.

• Daryl Jones

28/12/2023 at 16:46

Not all technology is bad, just as not all people are bad. There will always be a dark side and a bright side. The universe requires balance always.
    Some say these programs are a waste of valuable resources/funds, but I disagree. As long as we are learning and moving forward in a promising manner, that is a benefit to all of us.

• Jung Roe

29/12/2023 at 15:49

Hi Daryl

Good point. It is often too easy for Governments to take the view that people are starving in other places, and only those activities that work towards a strong economy is all that matters. While this is all important, I also believe it is important to allocate funds for science and innovation projects for the long run, to further humanity and make the world a better place. Also, funding arts and humanities in education and human development is critical. As Robin Williams said in the movie “Dead Poets Society”, what is the point of learning to read and write, when there is nothing worth reading and writing about.

• Daryl Jones

29/12/2023 at 17:04

Totally. But there is enough “red neck” in me to snort loudly and proclaim that our own government fails miserably when it comes to all matters financial and scientific. I have been a successful private business entrepreneur all my working life and that success meant being intelligent enough with finance to know that funds do not grow on trees. Unlike those in ivory towers that spend with reckless abandon and then expect us to foot the bill for their extravagance. And that knows no ties to any affiliation. Sooner or later the spend thrifts all run out of other people’s (ours) money.
      I firmly believe that there is a need to continuously explore newer and better ways of doing things, but I refuse to be a pawn and allow it to be crammed down my throat by anyone. Especially by someone with an agenda that hurts the general populous and cripples the people they are supposed to be serving.
      I wish I had the Girl’s clout and could “buy” my own politician…😂

• Jung Roe

31/12/2023 at 01:15

Daryl, if any politician is as GROOVY ❤ as the one in I Bought Myself A Politician, she has my vote! 😁

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!