MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum MLT-FAQs 60's television

• Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    11/06/2019 at 13:55

Not really, but then we don’t watch many shows in general. We’re open to suggestions however 🙂

• Michael Rife

11/06/2019 at 14:33

1960s TV…..might as well start with the Dick Van Dyke show.  From there maybe F Troop but it was considered politically incorrect even back then.  Other shows:  Get Smart, maybe Andy Griffith, Laugh-In.  Ones to avoid:  My Mother the Car, Mister Ed, The Monkees (well maybe not….…).  Toss ups:  The Munsters and The Addams Family.  Mike.

• Thomas Randall

11/06/2019 at 14:45

I’ll also include besides the ones Michael added Monty Python. Silly humor which came after the Goons show which I know Lennon was fond of. I love Monty Python. Maybe check out the Carol Burnett show (Variety show) too. 60’s and early 70’s TV was really good here in the U.S. although a lot of us love British humor too!

• Jacki Hopper

11/06/2019 at 20:03

I love all 60s shoes… Though most were watched as reruns for me in the 70s as a kid… Bewitched  and Get Smart… I Dream of Jeannie… Beverly Hillbillies… Carol Burnett show…. If it made me laugh… Then that was what I enjoyed most!

• Jung Roe

11/06/2019 at 21:19

There were a lot of great things from the 60s, in addition to the  music.  Aside from what’s been mentioned already, Gilligans Island was one that stood out for me as a kid.  My mom didn’t like it as much and use to tease me I’d turn out like him if I watched it too much.  ?

• Jacki Hopper

12/06/2019 at 03:24

Oh dear… Gilligan’s Island… I meant to add that… Knew I forgot one I wanted to mention… Thanks Jung for reminder… I have the VHS tape of the movie… Gilligan’s Island… Finally Rescued “

• Jung Roe

12/06/2019 at 07:58

Jacki, they were finally rescued and got off the island??? I missed that one.  Will have to find it.  ?

• Michael Rife

12/06/2019 at 11:35

I had forgotten about The Avengers. And contrary to popular rumors……I did not watch Get Smart and the Avengers only because of Barbara Feldon and Diana Rigg, respectively. I watched for the comedy and drama, too!!!

• Howard

12/06/2019 at 06:53

So many American shows here! I can definitely endorse ‘Monty Python’s Flying Circus’, although that series commenced in 1969 and continued to 1974. What might be of more interest to the Wagner family is the two episodes made for German TV.

I’d also add Till Death Us Do Part’ (definitely not PC). It was remade in many countries including Germany (Ein Herz und eine Seele), ‘Up The Junction’, ‘Z-Cars’,  ‘The Saint’ ‘The Avengers’ and ‘Coronation Street’

And my personal favourites: ‘Steptoe and Son’, ‘Dad’s Army’ and of course,’Top of the Pops’.

• Jung Roe

12/06/2019 at 08:00

The Avengers was a classic.  Really liked that one Howard.

• David Herrick

13/06/2019 at 01:35

I think we’re all of a similar mind with regard to this list.  The only show I can think to add would be The Twilight Zone.

It didn’t occur to me when I first posed the question, but as much as we love these shows, most of them aren’t very “groovy”, are they?  With very few exceptions (Laugh-In, The Smothers Brothers) they don’t really try to view the world through the lens of the emerging counterculture.

• Howard

13/06/2019 at 07:49

Yes David, so true.

One UK show I omitted is Doctor Who, which is still running today! How could one forget that!

• Darryl Boyd

13/06/2019 at 08:28

Hogan’s Heroes.

Was that 60s or 70s?. Or both maybe.

My guilty pleasure 🙂

• Howard

13/06/2019 at 09:36

Hogan’s Heroes ran from 1965 to 1971 and was a favourite of my family. However, I have never been able to watch it after I learnt of Crane’s personal life, leading to his murder in 1978.

• Roger

13/06/2019 at 16:07

McKenzie’s Raiders…calavary to the rescue.  Lost in Space…danger Will Robinson!  Batman…holy schniky Robin!  Beverly Hillbillies…showed early on how important “black gold” could be, and watching Jethro do his “cyphering” was a blast…taught me how to count!  Roger

• Jung Roe

14/06/2019 at 01:47

David.  How could I forget the Twilight Zone, and the Outer Limits.  Really enjoyed the reruns.  Seems there were plenty of great things to watch with just those 12 channels that were available back then.  Today with 200 digital channels, I find there is nothing worth watching most of the time.

• David Herrick

14/06/2019 at 02:15

Jung, even more heinously, I just realized that I forgot about Star Trek!  I do not deserve to live long and prosper.

Twelve channels?  We only had four, and they were all UHF.  I would have been so envious.  But you’re right:  the talent is diluted among so many outlets now that it’s really hard to find a high-quality show.

• Howard

14/06/2019 at 05:26

Yes, we only had four channels in the sixties too, and we didn’t get the fourth channel until the mid sixties. We only got television in 1956, so those sixties shows were very early television productions for us. The first show i remember watching as an infant was the ‘Mickey Mouse Club’ and shows like ‘Our Gang’.

In comparison, today we also have cable television and internet streaming, and with the likes of ‘Netflix’ and ‘Stan’ etcetera, the choice is overwhelming! I much prefer today’s choices as we can virtually watch whatever we want, when we want, and with laptops, tablets and smart phones, wherever we want. That goes for MLT videos too!

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!