MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum Introduce Yourself A big hello from Bonnie Scotland!

• A big hello from Bonnie Scotland!

Posted by Allan Morton on 03/12/2021 at 17:43

Hi, my name’s Allan Morton from the town of Kirkcaldy, Fife in Scotland (sort of near Edinburgh). Although you may not have heard of the town it does have some Beatles connections. The band played here on their Scottish Tour on October 9, 1963. The Fab Four played two sets on the same day – the 167th date of an astonishing 220 that single year. John Lennon enjoyed it so much he even mentioned the town in a White Album song – do you know which one? We even have a restaurant named after a line in the lyrics! Always loved the Rubber Soul era onwards and you do some great cover versions. I do enjoy a wide range of bands though and especially liked your Doors cover of People are Strange – really groovy! MLT Club is great fun and you really do put a lot of work into making it a success.

Jacki Hopper replied 2 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jung Roe

04/12/2021 at 05:05

Welcome to the MLT Club Allan. Glad you joined, and hope you enjoy all the wonderful MLT cheer here. Sounds like a cool town you live in with the Beatles connection. Will have to listen the White Album for that song with the name of your town.

• Allan Morton

08/12/2021 at 19:14

Hi Jung, thanks for your welcome. I am finding this is very uplifting group of people to be with, no doubt due to the happy personalities of Mona and Lisa!

• Jacki Hopper

10/12/2021 at 05:07

Aye Allan, and yes, I’ve heard of yer town, as I know of a few Scottish friends, not from there but have me made mention of it, etc… A bonny welcome and ye ken ( yes … I also am an Outlander books and tv show fanatic) Do enjoy the offerings here and nice to meet ye….

• Allan Morton

10/12/2021 at 17:07

Hi Jacki, nice to hear from you. I’ve also watched all the Outlander shows (but not read the books). Part of Kirkcaldy (Dysart) was used during the filming to substitute for a French harbour and they brought in a real tall ship which I could see just offshore. They tried to keep people away when the filming was going on and it is now on the tourist trail as you can go on Outlander tours when visiting Scotland!

• Jacki Hopper

13/12/2021 at 13:16

Hi again Allan, that’s awesome regarding Outlander filming location info you mentioned… I’ve yet to buy/read Book #9 of tge books but in 2022, I plan on it, Thankyou for your reply ????

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!