13/02/2019 at 17:44

I enjoyed your poem Jing ????????

• Jung Roe

13/02/2019 at 18:55

Thanks much Jacki 🙂

• Howard

14/02/2019 at 13:51

Nicely done Jung.

Just one thing though. I may be missing something, but isn’t this a contradiction –
    “It’s the love that lasts
    As nothing good ever lasts”

But isn’t love good?

And on a personal taste note, “Seasons come and seasons go” works better for me.

Great effort. Good to see someone giving Jacki a challenge for the title of MLT Club ‘poet laureate’.

Also good to see MLT providing so much inspiration for all of us, both lyrical and music wise!

The Beatles have written/recorded much about love, from “She Loves You”, “And I Love Her”, “P.S. I Love You”, “It’s Only Love, “You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away”, “If I Fell”, “Words Of Love” (Holly) to “All You Need Is Love” and “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.” (Abbey Road).

I also just love your old fashioned pocket/fob watch and fountain pen photo. Would look perfect on my mantle piece!

Much has been written about time. In the mid sixties, the Stones were singing “Time is on My Side” and by the mid seventies they were singing “Time Waits For No Man”. We also have Pink Floyd’s “Time” and Cyndi Lauper’s “Time After Time”.

• Jung Roe

15/02/2019 at 06:51

Thanks Howard.  In regards to the contradiction I was thinking of the joy and love as feelings and memories of those lasting while nothing good, relationships, good times etc, never lasting, but I can see your point.  Perhaps if I modified it slightly to clarify joy and love as feelings and memories, it would be better.  Will clean it up.

After I did the poem, “Time is on my side” by the Stones actually came into my head.  The Beatles, Rolling Stones, MLT etc who are true artists, no surprise sing about love, time and all those things that matter the most and inspire.

I have a few “skeleton” mechanical pocket watches like the one in the picture.  I have one from 1909 that still keeps time and is like looking at history.  The intricate mechanical watch movements really fascinate me.  It’s kind of like a small scale model of our universe the way the planets, solar systems, galaxies, as well as at the sub atomic level too of molecules, electrons, protons, particles etc all move relative to each other keeping time in essence just like the balance wheel, springs, gears, levers, jewels etc that make up the watch movement.  Everything is so extremely delicate in the balance like life itself.  If any one part is off, everything comes to a halt.  It’s amazing how everything works when things are properly fine tuned in our lives as well as in watch movements.

• Jacki Hopper

14/02/2019 at 18:31
    • I’d like to clarify something here and now…..I ‘m not competing nor anyone is competing /challenging with me on the poetry. I enjoy reading poetry by others. I welcome seeing other creative poetical efforts here . I don’t see it as a challenge or competition and a tad uncomfortable with that description.
    • Jung Roe

15/02/2019 at 07:04

Jacki, agreed.  Your very frequent creative output of poems and pictures, really inspire, and make me want to create more, so thank you for that.  It’s all for the mutual enjoyment of our creativeness which is wonderful.

• Howard

14/02/2019 at 20:17

Sorry Jacki. Didn’t mean to offend. I know you aren’t competing with anyone and I do enjoy your work.

• Jacki Hopper

15/02/2019 at 22:17

Thankyou Jung for your commentary and Howard… I appreciate your reply

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!