MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion A poem to Mona and Lisa

• A poem to Mona and Lisa

Posted by Jung Roe on 30/12/2018 at 01:35

Seeing all those wonderful poems by Jacki and Tomas, it inspired me to at least attempt one.  Haven’t done one of these since English class in high school, so please be kind.

Mona and Lisa
    Always so bright and cheery
    Sweet and pretty
    both, they are

Their music raises the spirit
    Their music moves
    Their music inspires

Singing voices so beautiful
    Harmonies so sublime
    If angels we could see sing,
    Mona and Lisa they would be

Everyday this Christmas season
    Filled with with MonaLisa Twins joy
    Brought back so many fond memories
    Of Christmas’s past

Thank you so much

Yellow red hearts

Jung Roe replied 5 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 21 Replies
  • 21 Replies
  • Jung Roe

30/12/2018 at 03:10

MLT 01

• Jung Roe

30/12/2018 at 03:11

MLT 02

• Jung Roe

30/12/2018 at 03:12

MLT 03

• Jung Roe

30/12/2018 at 03:13

MLT 06

• Jung Roe

30/12/2018 at 03:21

MLT 05

• Howard

30/12/2018 at 05:03

Well done Jung! It seems that this poetry writing creativity is becoming infectious. For better or worse though, I seem to be immune!

• Jung Roe

31/12/2018 at 04:13

Howard, you are right.  It is infectious.

Albert Einstein on creativity

• Howard

30/12/2018 at 11:15

Great photos of the Twins too Jung! I don’t think they’re capable of taking a bad photo!

• Jung Roe

31/12/2018 at 01:29

Thanks Howard.  I think when doing a poem about MLT, it comes easier because of the passion and positive energy they bring out in me.  If it was about anything else, I think I would be stuck after the first line.

• Jacki Hopper

31/12/2018 at 02:18

Well Jung… I agree… But with me… I get inspired with/from many things when I write my poems…. But MLT definitely is a Bonus of Inspired Positivity… In fact… I’ve decided in 2019 as one of a few Creative Notions I wish to embark upon after much thought…

#1~ An MLT Poetry Only Blog

#2 A Vol. 2 Poetry Gift Booklet to give /send to Team MLT… A Companion to the first ones I made and sent a few yes back????????????????????❤️

• Jung Roe

31/12/2018 at 03:57

That will be great Jacki.  Looking forward to your blog of poems.  Mona and Lisa are going to be very lucky to get your Poetry Gift Booklet.  I too will be looking for ways to express creativity more in my life.  I got a new Digital Piano from Costco just been sitting there waiting for me.

• Howard

31/12/2018 at 05:25

As for the photos Jung, do you know how old they are in the ‘Snowflakes’ one? Lisa is so keen to start singing she forgets to twirl at first. It seems she was very keen to perform publicly from a very early age, even though she later explains just how nervous she was the very first time. Very courageous!

• Jung Roe

31/12/2018 at 06:47

Howard, they would have been 7 (Christmas 2001).  They both looked quite confident there singing and looked like they were having fun.  I guess when you are doing what you love, singing, it all comes together naturally.   It looked too cute when Lisa realized she needed to twirl and started to twirl.

• Howard

31/12/2018 at 10:52

Yes Jung, I realise they were 7 in 2001 (true millennials). However, I really do think they look much younger in the first video performance as snowflakes. Check again!

• Jung Roe

31/12/2018 at 17:31

Howard, I see what you mean.  In the first clip, without knowing the date, my first guess would put them at 5 or 6 by virtue of their adorable cute baby faces, but then there is the little girl standing next to Lisa who is quite a bit smaller, I presume from a lower grade who also look like 5 or 6.   So compared to that little girl, it makes me think they could be 7.  Also in the immediately following clip, it looks like it is still the same concert, and in that clip they do look like they could be 7 there standing next to the other kids.

Perhaps when Mona and Lisa return from their well deserved holiday hibernation in the new year 🙂 they can confirm for us.

• Jung Roe

31/12/2018 at 22:07

Howard, now how old do Mona and Lisa look here in this sweet acoustic performance video?  This one should be of more significance to you as it was done right in your back yard. Huge backyard that is.  🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gmvezk4YeU

This is one of their early videos that is a fave of mine.   Love the simple raw sound of just their voices and guitars on this one that really stand out.  When I first saw this, I thought boy can they sing!  Discovered this wonderful song because of this video.  The MLT version here is faster, and more upbeat than Jason Mraz’s original , and I like them both.

Page 1 of 2

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!