MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion About "In It For Love" – acoustic performance

• About "In It For Love" – acoustic performance

Posted by Jung Roe on 18/11/2018 at 22:45

What an absolutely beautiful rendition of this song.  At the 18 second mark you can see Mona with her eyes closed like she is meditating feeling every nuance of the wonderful notes she is creating from the guitar.  You can see both Lisa and Mona throughout this acoustic performance just getting into the music with so much feeling as they sing and play the guitars.   This is one of the reasons Mona and Lisa draw me to their music, the feeling and depth with which they do their music be it a cover or an original is just breathtaking.   “Still a Friend of Mine”, “Best Years of our Lives”, “If I Fell”, “Morning has Broken”, “She’s Leaving Home”…are just some examples.   They are truly remarkable at this time in music when there is too much mediocracy.

Roger replied 5 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Timothy Connelly

19/11/2018 at 00:42

Although I agree with everything you said about the acoustic version, i think it also shows what a wizard Rudolf is in the studio. The Twins do an amazing job on this live performance. But the recording quality doesn’t hold a candle to the studio version. The arrangement, the vocal mix, the engineering on Orange – it all adds up to a perfect recording.
    You can really hear how good the Twins sound both on guitar and vocally in the acoustic live version. But it doesn’t have the sense of perfection in the sound quality you get when Rudolf controls the whole process. Not complaining- if the Twins make this available for purchase- count me in. The same goes for the live performance on the radio show- where I think the sound quality is terrific.

• Howard

19/11/2018 at 01:47

Yes, it is a great rendition Jung and I think Tim may be a little harsh here. Unless they did a double take for the video, it was recorded during a radio interview and with the use of only one microphone for both vocals and both guitars I believe!

Rudolf is a genius in the studio as Tim says but also with live recordings like with their ‘Cavern’ shows where he had a more sophisticated sound setup.

• Jung Roe

19/11/2018 at 06:45

Tim.  I agree the live version is raw (as live playing tend to be) compared to the studio recording which is perfect as you say.   It’s the feeling with which they play here that really came across to me in this live acoustic version.  Whether it is live or a perfect studio production with the special touch of Papa Rudi, Mona and Lisa’s singing and guitar work just touches the soul.  I just can’t stop watching it over and over.

Howard, yes Rudi is a genius in the studio indeed.  His video shooting skill here shines as well highlighting Mona and Lisa’s performance so well capturing their facial expression, intensity, and close up on the guitar work.  Video is really impactful.

• Francis Gerald (Jerry) Chamness

25/07/2019 at 20:29

I love it. I would buy a video of the duo version and a video of the professional version when it’s done by the Wizard, and I agree that Rudi is a production wizard. Both, in the recording studio and in the video studio.

• Roger

26/07/2019 at 10:55

…just give me more MLT, please! I’ll take it in any media format. Live or studio, the one thing for me is the nature of their efforts – it is always genuine and I am referring to the entire family. The MLT gang is a breath of fresh air…just give me more MLT, please! Roger

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!