• Howard

06/06/2020 at 15:41

I’m wondering if Lisa’s new, miniature guitar actually belongs to the owl! I’m sure that Jacki would love it.

https://youtu.be/9pKwrKWesY4

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea
    In a beautiful pea green boat,
    They took some honey, and plenty of money,
    Wrapped up in a five pound note.
    The Owl looked up to the stars above,
    And sang to a small guitar,
    ‘O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love,
    What a beautiful Pussy you are,
    You are,
    You are!
    What a beautiful Pussy you are!’

Pussy said to the Owl, ‘You elegant fowl!
    How charmingly sweet you sing!
    O let us be married! too long we have tarried:
    But what shall we do for a ring?’
    They sailed away, for a year and a day,
    To the land where the Bong-tree grows
    And there in a wood a Piggy-wig stood
    With a ring at the end of his nose,
    His nose,
    His nose,
    With a ring at the end of his nose.

‘Dear pig, are you willing to sell for one shilling
    Your ring?’ Said the Piggy, ‘I will.’
    So they took it away, and were married next day
    By the Turkey who lives on the hill.
    They dined on mince, and slices of quince,
    Which they ate with a runcible spoon;
    And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand,
    They danced by the light of the moon,
    The moon,
    The moon,
    They danced by the light of the moon.

• Kristi & Neill Moore-Thompson

06/06/2020 at 23:02

https://youtu.be/9skD-I-JnSk

My introduction to the MonaLisa Twins was mostly because I was looking for music to use as soundtrack to videos I thought would promote our local bicycle club.  I made several and MLT was gracious to agree to allow me to use their audio.  As a bit of a giggle, I made one featuring our beloved Jack Russell Terrier named Kasidy.  Some years later, I had the honor and privilege of meeting the whole MLT team in person at the Half Moon gig in Putney, London.  At first, I think Rudi thought I might be Steve from Miami, but he ultimately placed me as, “Oh, the dog video guy.”  I thought it was funny because technically, the bike videos were much more challenging.  It’s hard to compete with adorable pets.

• Kristi & Neill Moore-Thompson

06/06/2020 at 23:17

https://youtu.be/lE1HMbwb5-M

I didn’t mean to post the original version of this video.l  I thought I was posting the later version that I made after Kasidy sadly passed away.  By that time, I had more material and dug a bit deeper for a tribute.  In this one, Kas actually sings along.  But yeah, this is what I meant to post.  What the heck.  She was such a good dog, I can watch it twice.  I hope you can too.  Ultimately, this video proves that great music and a dog can make really marginal video presentable.

• Jung Roe

06/06/2020 at 23:32

Hi Neill, Kasidy is just adorable!  Love that shot with him wearing the sunglasses.  I love Jack Russel Terriers.  Thanks for sharing the video of him, it is awesome!

When my dog Max died a few years ago, I made a slide show of him with some music, and it helped me deal with the loss I remember.  I wish they could stay with us for ever, miss him a lot!

• Jacki Hopper

07/06/2020 at 05:15

My beloved dogdude Corky…whom I picked from the litter, had 16 yrs of him…[c.]JackiHopper2020 ~

20200505_111147

• Jacki Hopper

07/06/2020 at 05:20

Yes, Howard, I do love the Wee Jacki sized guitar, it’s  perfect for my wee hands, fingers, maybe I’d even have a chance of success upon trying to attempt to master the very core basics, despite my inability to otherwise not being able to  with a normal  sized guitar/uke , as previously  mentioned…nice poem too, don’t  think that I’ve not heard of it before or if so, long gone forgotten about it….lol

• Howard

07/06/2020 at 05:58

I’m not surprised if you can’t remember the poem Jacki. The Original author wrote the story for a three year old. I’m also very aware of your problematic relationship with ‘crazy’ cats! Good things come in small packages however!

That was one gorgeous Jack Russell Terrier cross of yours Neill and Kristi. A mate of mine also had one. That’s the sort of dog I’m looking for as I live in a flat and ride a motorbike (with a dog carrier), and I also have a push bike, so I need a dog that is small enough for my situation. While waiting for the right match, I adopted a cat from Pet Rescue and he is just adorable. He also has some dog like qualities and likes to play fetch.

• Jung Roe

07/06/2020 at 06:56

That video of the baby owl and kitten is heartwarming Howard.  I hope they got adopted into a good loving home together.  I imagine an owl like a parrot would make a great pet.

• Howard

07/06/2020 at 08:02

Yes Jung, that owl would be awesome. However, they wouldn’t be quite that little and cute for long and my Luca would probably find the kitten annoying at times and would see that owl as fair game. I couldn’t imagine him cuddling up to something that had feathers!

• Jung Roe

07/06/2020 at 09:12

In the 2016 Q and A video, when Mona and Lisa were asked if they could be any animal, what would they be.  Mona said an Eagle, and Lisa said a Sloth.  That reminded me of this video you have to see Howard, if you haven’t already:

https://youtu.be/0woPde7OE1k

• Howard

07/06/2020 at 11:33

I thought Lisa said a fly and Mona responded that she would eat flies. It was not easy to pick up though with their accent and my hearing impairment. I don’t think anyone would want to be a sloth. They are filthy, smelly creatures full of all sorts of horrible parasites. Not that flies are any better!

Is an insect an animal though?

• Howard

07/06/2020 at 15:12

It seems you were correct Jung. Except that it’s the 13/12/2013 Q&A video. It goes as follows:

At the 1:17 mark. Jacki from Canada asks: “if you could be a creature/animal for a day….. what/why?!”

Mona answers something that can fly …. an eagle and Lisa replies, a sloth, then has second thoughts and says a fly. Mona retorts that she would eat flies.

Let me know if I have heard this incorrectly.

https://youtu.be/RGSv9cGrhgE

Actually I think they would be more suited to an owl and a pussy cat!

• Jacki Hopper

07/06/2020 at 16:20

Howard, Jung, lol…Those answers about the fly, etc were to the question I had asked them , ,I was laughing when I had heard them with my question and then their replies at the time…lol Perfect replies  !!

• Jung Roe

07/06/2020 at 20:29

Howard you have it right.  That Zootopia cartoon I think immortalized the sloth as a funny character (if you haven’t seen it yet, I highly recommend it for a laugh), and when Lisa first mentioned sloth, I immediately envisioned that cartoon and that context, and made me laugh.  I feel like that sloth these days in lock down.   That was a good question you asked back then Jacki!

• Howard

08/06/2020 at 03:55

Yes, great question Jacki. Personally I feel Mona more suited to that cute little owl and Lisa that cute little pussy-cat than a horrible fly.

I did watch the video Jung. If all sloths were that well groomed and clean I’d be fine with them. But that’s not the sort of sloths I’ve seen in David Attenborough wild life programs. Lisa is much too active to be comfortable being a sloth. How would she go in those country runs of hers.

You can see in Mona and Lisa’s Q&A 2 Video, they introduce their pet cat Yoko. Well Yoko looks quite similar to my Luca. However, my Luca is not as keen on you picking him up.

Reference the 0.50 mark in the following video:

https://youtu.be/AelUfZ22dWA

Page 1 of 2

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!