MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum MLT-FAQs Alternative Profession

• Alternative Profession

Posted by Michael Rife on 30/06/2019 at 19:36

Hi Mona and Lisa;

I have a series of questions but will space them out over time.  Getting to the point, what would be your likely professions if you were not professional musicians? I have a feeling it would be different for each of you.  I would imagine something artistic but who knows.

Also, I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your music.  I listened to your two original CDs today in the car on the way to and from work (school) for the first time in a few months.  I do that periodically with CDs I really like to see if the music holds up after some time has passed.  And your two CDs really do hold up.  Such good music…..and while listening I try to figure out what the song is about and I listen to the instrumentation and take note of arrangement and instruments are used.

So, I guess you are stuck with me being a fan who really appreciates your music.  I am so looking forward to your following projects.

Hope you two are doing well and look forward to your answer.  Mike.

Jung Roe replied 5 years, 2 months ago 9 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    30/06/2019 at 19:38

First of all, Thank You!!
    Hmmm, not an easy question. We’ve always been interested in a million things so it’s hard to imagine what hobby/potential career each of us would have pursued if music was out of the question.

When we were really young we were crazy about animals and horses, for example. If music wasn’t an option then, we might have devoted more time to that interest.

Later on in life, art, graphic design and photography got really interesting. So if you’d told 13 year old me I had to burn my guitar, maybe I would be a designer now (which of course is a hypothetical question as I would have plotted murder against anyone who told me to put down my guitar :-P)

So if I suddenly lost my voice, became deaf and dumb and forgot all musical abilities, I’d probably be drawn more towards visual art, or maybe something to do with health or fitness, or filmmaking …

… Gosh, I don’t know and I’m ridiculously glad that I don’t HAVE to think about that. Not having a plan B insures that you’ll work your butt off for plan A 😉

• Michael Rife

01/07/2019 at 10:21

Well, you are doing so well with plan A…..there is likely no need for plan B.  When I was younger there were so many things that interested me:  music, sports, academics mainly….. at much too young an age I managed a business.  Settled on academics because the music part dried up and became a periodic hobby and I was too short for sports.  From there working in industry for 34 years and then part-time at night while in industry and in semi-retirement (Ha!) I taught at universities……but came back to music about 15 years ago…..but strictly a hobby that has been growing over the years.

Thank you for your answer.  And, I wish much success for you and Mona.

Mike

• Jung Roe

01/07/2019 at 23:37

Lisa, I think looking at both yours and Mona’s sketches and computer graphics, you would both definitely excel as well in the field of art, or even as glamorous actresses by the way you carry yourselves in your videos and photo shoots like that MG video and photos.  But fortunately music is your calling, and the world is so lucky for it.

• Tomás F. Calvo

02/07/2019 at 03:56

Yes, certainly they could earn a living with graphic design, also I can attest that they would easily earn a living in the entertainment industry in Hollywood behind the cameras. However, I’m thrilled they are sticking to their guns, and doing it their way, all the way. Our windfall!

• Howard

02/07/2019 at 04:40

Yes, fortunately for everyone our favourite twins are able to forge a decent career in their chosen profession of music. I’m sure Lisa could make a go of any career she chose, whether it was in design, entertainment, health and fitness or, dare I say it, as a chef! I’m sure her culinary creations would be as inventive, unique and creative as her music is.

• Jacki Hopper

02/07/2019 at 19:03

Whatever the creative ambitions, if music was not their chosen path, I would see them excel in any of the alternatives mentioned, including what Lisa said in her reply…. But Music is their Home and where their Heart is…

• Richard McGlenn

02/07/2019 at 21:31

I think working in video media would be something you would enjoy and excel at. You all have quite a flair that makes your videos outstanding for virtually unknown independent artists on a limited budget. You’ve got real skills in this area.

Rich

• Stephen Krogh

03/07/2019 at 19:03

I will have to agree that graphic design, photography and video production are real strengths you both have revealed. But alas, that would put you behind the camera instead of in front of it, and we certainly don’t want that!!!

• David Herrick

04/07/2019 at 02:00

Another area in which they excel is writing, as evidenced by all the lengthy and thoughtful responses they provide here.  Lisa’s essay of an answer to a question a few months ago about what music is, is worth reading over and over.  I’m hoping to live long enough to enjoy their joint autobiography.

• Jung Roe

04/07/2019 at 02:20

Agree David.  Mona and Lisa have great minds for writing.  Lisa’s insight into what music is to her was just AWEsome!

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!