MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum MLT-FAQs April Come She Will

• April Come She Will

Posted by Michael Jones on 31/01/2020 at 17:28

Hi Mona & Lisa.  I know you are considering many Simon & Garfunkel songs as potential covers. I wanted to mention this one simply because I feel it gets overlooked by many people – and I feel it is among the most lovely songs anyone has recorded. It is short and sweet… but both the melody and the lyric are profoundly beautiful.  This is Paul & Artie performing it live from their 1981 Central Park Concert.  Art sings it alone… but I envision you two doing it with amazing harmonies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITXBjDTXS90

Howard replied 4 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    31/01/2020 at 17:29

It’s such a melancholic, hauntingly beautiful song. Like so many of theirs. Short, sweet but it stays with you long after it stopped playing. Always one of our favourite S&G songs. We’ll add it to the long list of potential cover songs 🙂

• Michael Rife

01/02/2020 at 02:43

Hi all;

It seemed like Paul had a “dark period” in his song writing around this time with this song, the Dangling Conversation, For Emily……, Richard Cory, I Am A Rock, Faking It, and a few others.  I always make sure not to listen to that time period of S & G if I am feeling a little down.  The songs on Bridge are a little brighter.  Mike.

• Tomás F. Calvo

01/02/2020 at 06:14

Interesting Michael, those are the songs I gravitate to when I’m feeling bummed. Especially I Am A Rock, Homeward Bound and Dangling Conversation. Is it commiseration? They feel like a balm.

• Howard

01/02/2020 at 07:51

On the subject of melancholy, “I Am A Rock” is one song I have always gravitated towards. The lyrics may be a little depressing but the music seems to be quite upbeat, especially the electric guitar. Sums up much of my life sometimes!

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!