MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion At long last….The Duo Sessions Have Arrived !!!!

• At long last….The Duo Sessions Have Arrived !!!!

Posted by Jacki Hopper on 11/07/2020 at 03:03

Yippeeeeee…a great way to start off  weekend, and momentarily  put aside  the fact it’s the most hottest,  humid  day in Ottawa, I think ever, in July, or ever in summer, at least in my lifetime…lol

Hot in my hands, the Duo Sessions, with a cute sticker and Groovy postcard  photo…Quite in my MLTBuzzLuvGroovyGlory, a big smile on my face, Thankyou Team MLT, now onto cranking up the tunes in my ancient Discman with ancient headphones, to enjoy ??????

20200710_214910

Jung Roe replied 4 years, 2 months ago 6 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • Jacki Hopper

11/07/2020 at 03:04

20200710_214923

• Johnnypee Parker

11/07/2020 at 03:53

HOO HA! I know you have been anticipating this.  It’s like Christmas in July.

Does your discman take batteries?  Just think, you can listen to the Duo Sessions on your way to the store for more batteries, as you will probably be pressing replay a lot.

Autograph looks awesome.

JP

• Darryl Boyd

11/07/2020 at 04:13

I’m looking forward to my copy even more now. I wonder if I will get any surprise extras?

• Jung Roe

11/07/2020 at 06:39

Oooh awesome Jacki!  So glad yours arrived for the weekend.  I’ve just been playing my CD in continuous loop in the CD player.  Enjoy! ?

• Howard

11/07/2020 at 11:13

Well done Jacki. Still waiting for mine. As usual, I’ll be one of the last to receive a copy as it has to travel so far. Fortunately I am able to play it on the go via the Jukebox.

• Darryl Boyd

13/07/2020 at 04:00

My copies just arrived Howard, so hopefully yours won’t be too far away.

Thanks for the sticker ladies, feeling the love 🙂

Gotta say though that the centre hub holder is a very tight fit. I was afraid I was going to break the disc trying to remove it. Pressing on the hub while removing the disc doesn’t seem to have an effect.

• Howard

13/07/2020 at 07:32

Yabba dabba do! My “Duo Sessions” CD and “Button Bundle” etcetera arrived today.

My centre hub holder is a fairly loose fit Darryl Maybe it’s random like with the colour match of the “Orange” album!

I can now share your excitement Jacki and other MLT Club members.

Thanks again team MLT for this well packaged, as usual, treat.

• Darryl Boyd

13/07/2020 at 10:25

Speaking of the Flinstones…..

What’s the difference between Dubai and Abu Dhabi?

People in Dubai don’t like the Flinstones but people in Abu Dhabi do.

• Jacki Hopper

13/07/2020 at 17:02

WooHoo, Howard, Darryl…I’m enjoying another constant Duo Session Headphone Crank from my Discman….with a homemade BlueberryChocoChip Smoothie to boot…. Quenching both my  Music and actual Thirsts….and hunger too…kinda humid to really not want much to feel like eating food, hence the homemade smoothie for my Brunch….will actually eat properly later for supper….??????

• Johnnypee Parker

13/07/2020 at 18:37

Darryl, I had the same issue with my cd case.  Careful, easy, easy….thought I was going to crack the CD.  Safe shipping, though.

To avoid the CD from getting stuck in the case again, I have given it an indefinite stay in my CD carousel.

The flintstone joke is funny.  Imagine if the Duo Sessions was on vinyl.  At some point you would have to turn it over to listen to both sides now.
    Those jokes could get old quick?

I’ve already got Friday on my mind.

JP

• Jung Roe

13/07/2020 at 20:12

Finally a stretch of sunny days ahead in my neck of the woods to look forward to.  Good Day Sunshine rings like perfection in beautiful harmony!!!

BTW my CD sits tight in the holder, but if I squeeze down on one of the 4 little tabs in the center that make up the hub with my finger nails, and then gently lift up the CD from one of the 4 indented corners, the the CD pops off easily.

• David Herrick

13/07/2020 at 20:30

JP, I used to imagine that Both Sides Now had a different title when it was originally released as a single, but it proved to be so popular that the people in marketing replaced the B-side with another pressing of the A-side and reissued it.

• Johnnypee Parker

14/07/2020 at 02:11

[postquote quote=98034][/postquote]
    Nice!

My MLT moment of the day

I was sent on some errands today and told to be quick.  My wife hands me  a list:

Post office – McDonald’s

Yes, two errands is technically the shortest list you can have,  she knows me.  A list is always wise.

can you list one item?

The last errand was to pick up some comfort food at McDonald’s for my son.  He was busy studying for an important test he had to take this afternoon.  I had to be back by 3:00, it was 2:45  As I pull into the drive thru, it’s just mob central.  I think to myself, I wonder if I’ll be able to make it home on time.  I only have about five minutes of buffer time.   And then I wonder how many songs I can get in before I pull up to the microphone.

Power on – “I’m so tired, tired of waiting” rings out.  Turn the volume down and give a clumsy smile to the car next to me… I guess this might be one of those you had to be there stories, but it was funny at the time.

Four songs later I am at the window with exact change…I still ended up being ten minutes late, but she had already factored that in.

JP

honestly it was a pretty funny moment

• Jung Roe

14/07/2020 at 06:13

JP, I bet the person in the other car was thinking wow that song sounds awesome cool!  It’s a good thing you had the Duo Session music on hand to pass the wait time in the line up.  I usually have one of the MLT tunes blasting pretty loud when I pull into my drive way at home.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!