• Australia Calling

Posted by John Brennan on 25/01/2020 at 03:48

This morning I was so excited.

Sitting in my email inbox was a message from MonaLisa Twins saying that I had WON.

I had WON Free Access to the MLT Club for one month. I was not technically in the first 100, but the Mona Lisa Twins decided to give away another 100 for those in different Time Zones around the world.

How lucky am I to have gained access to this exclusive club?

Thank you so much MonaLisa Twins.

The first thing I did was to download the Chord Booklets. The second thing that I would like to find out is who writes the original songs.

On top of my playlist right now is “Still A Friend Of Mine” so I would like to know who wrote it and how did it come about?

I am an Oldie from Aussie who loved the Beatles.

I feel as though I have been re-born listening to the MonaLisa Twins. They have continued where the Beatles left off.

Once again thank you so much for granting me access.

Kind Regards

John Brennan

Perth, Australia.

Jacki Hopper replied 4 years, 8 months ago 7 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • Howard

25/01/2020 at 04:07

Hi John. Really nice to have you in the Club. It’s especially nice to see another Australian in the Club, even though I’m 4,322 km by road away on the Eastern (Pacific) side of the country, in Brisbane.

I joined the Club soon after it opened and it instantly became my go to social media site. I’m active in the club in some capacity every day. There is much to do, see and hear and you will find the best people here too. When I discovered the MLT via YouTube, I stayed up all night finding out as much about them as possible.

You will find it interesting and informative to follow MLTs career (and pre career), from the very beginning. If you haven’t already, I suggest you start with their first public concert (2007), when they were just 13. Brilliant!

As I said, nice to have another Australian join the Club especially considering there are so many Americans here, and in particular, two Canadians who are very, active!

I’ve only visited Perth once, way back in 1997. The Twins would have been just three years old then, and so cute! i hope to get back to Perth again (via a stay in Adelaide), before I get too old. That one’s on my bucket list.

• John Brennan

25/01/2020 at 04:51

Hi Howard,

Thank you for introducing yourself to me. It is nice hearing from another Aussie.

The MonaLisa Twins have been to Australia and recorded an Acoustic Version of EIGHT DAYS A WEEK at Ayres Rock (Uluru). Have you seen that clip?

Being a member of this club, on this my first day is like Christmas Day as a six-year old. There are so many presents and I just don’t know where to start.

The Clubhouse, The Club Music, Ask the MonaLisa Twins and many more tabs from which to choose. I’ve put everything else on hold today while I open all my Christmas Presents.

Once again, thank you for your reply.

Kind Regards

John Brennan

Perth, Australia.

• Jung Roe

25/01/2020 at 05:19

A very warm welcome John, great to have you here!  There is a lot of fabulous content at the

MLT Club script 1

to discover and enjoy!  🙂  As Howard said there are many wonderful people here too, literally from across the globe!

Warmest regards

Jung, (in Canada)

• Howard

25/01/2020 at 05:29

“Have you seen that clip?” Are you kidding John. I’ve seen every video of theirs that is currently available. This includes YouTube videos, concerts, radio station interviews and performances, Q&As etcetera. If i were you, I’d start with their 2007 concert YouTube videos and ‘California Dreaming’ videos and work my way forward chronologically to the present day. This should keep you busy for some time.

Attached is a video of the German song Mona and Lisa initially played at the international concert while at school in Adelaide.

https://youtu.be/RVff28OAjoI

You can find more information about their Adelaide stay at the following ‘Ask The MonaLisa Twins’ Topic:

MLT Adelaide Visit Downunder 2009

• John Brennan

25/01/2020 at 05:46

Hi Howard,

I will do what you say. That link that you included of the twins in school in Adelaide was fascinating.

I am going to be kept busy.

Hi Jung,

Thanks for making contact with me from the other side of the world.

Jung, if you dug a hole in the ground and kept digging. You would come out on the other side of the globe, very close to where I live.

Kind Regards

John Brennan

Perth, Australia.

• Darryl Boyd

25/01/2020 at 12:18

G’day John from a Crow Eater.

There are a few Aussies on the forum. Happy Australia day to us all 🙂

• Jacki Hopper

25/01/2020 at 13:29

Well Gidday EH…. Yes, I’m the other Canadian Howard spoke of that ‘s active on here, creatively by poetical and sketch/doodle/drawing wise my MLTBuzzing enthusiasm…

Very nice to meet you, and welcome… We have the Awesome Aussie  MLTBuzzingPosse going on here now…

Triple Down Under Power in which they MLTBuzz devour by the hour they search and listen and read to scour…

Do enjoy unwrapping all these wonderful musical MLT Club Gifts Galore here… It’s one flowerthat’s forever sprouting, blooming, blossoming Groovy Great…

?☮️

• John Brennan

25/01/2020 at 14:34

Nice to meet you, Darryl and Jacki.

Thank you for introducing yourselves.

Kind Regards

John Brennan

Perth, Australia.

• David Herrick

25/01/2020 at 15:45

Hello, John, and welcome to the club!

I live in North Carolina (southeastern U.S.), which is actually just about as close as you can get on land to being directly opposite from Perth on the globe.  Not that it’s a competition or anything.

I’ve never been to Australia, but I’ve been fascinated by it since I was in high school.  If they ever dig that tunnel through the center of the earth, I’d love to drop in… literally.

• John Brennan

25/01/2020 at 15:55

Hi David,

I just took a look at you ANTIPODES Map. Fascinating when you bore a tunnel through the centre of the earth.

Without the map I used Latitude and Longitude and exchanged NORTH for SOUTH and EAST for WEST.

I would say that either method, we’re pretty close to being exactly opposite.

Dig deep and thanks for touching base.

Kind Regards

John Brennan

Perth, Australia.

• David Herrick

25/01/2020 at 18:25

Thanks, John.  I’m somewhat of a geography nerd, and I love the topic of antipodes.

Swapping cardinal directions works, but you also have to subtract the longitude from 180.  For example, 30 degrees east is antipodal to 150 degrees west.

I’m fond of this anecdote from the Wikipedia article on the subject:

In 2006, Ze Frank challenged viewers of his daily webcast “the show with zefrank” to create an “Earth sandwich” by simultaneously placing two pieces of bread at antipodal points on the Earth’s surface. The challenge was successfully completed by viewers in Spain and New Zealand.

• Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    25/01/2020 at 22:47

Hey John,
    It’s nice to welcome you ON Australia Day! There are quite a few Australians here in the Club, some more active in the forum than others, but each day we have quite a lot of website hits from your side of the planet. Oi oi oi! 🙂
    We loved the time we spent in Adelaide for student exchange. So many great people, great community, great scenery. What’s going on with the fires is harrowing!! We hope all your friends and family are safe ♥

Thanks for all the kind words and we hope you’ll enjoy your time here in the Club.

Stay groovy!

• Howard

25/01/2020 at 23:41

Thanks for sharing the ANTIPODES map David. On the one I looked up, being on the Eastern (Pacific) seaboard side of Australia, my city emerges closest to Córdoba and Seville in Spain. Either of those places would do me for a visit.

31E3E85B-DCE7-460A-BED8-EFDA6ED93996

• David Herrick

26/01/2020 at 01:30

Wouldn’t it be neat if you could just jump in a hole and fall to your vacation destination?

Happy Australia Day, Howard, John, Darryl, et al.!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-OOuCvEUH0

• John Brennan

26/01/2020 at 01:36

Lisa2

Thanks for replying Lisa. So lovely to chat with you on this site. I loved the clip of you Mona at school in Adelaide. I did not realise that you actually attended school in Australia. When I saw the video, I thought that the uniform was a performance costume, to make you look like a student.

Take care.

Kind Regards

John Brennan

Perth, Australia.

Page 1 of 2

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!