MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion ‘Band on the Run’ Inspiration

• ‘Band on the Run’ Inspiration

Posted by Howard on 15/12/2019 at 00:33

What is the one line in the song ‘Band on the Run’ that Paul McCartney admitted he picked up from a George Harrison remark?

From David Virgil, Songwriter

I think in many ways it was not really a line that he got from George but the whole concept for the song.

In a 1973 interview with Paul Gambaccini, McCartney stated that the lyric “if we ever get out of here” was inspired by a remark made by George Harrison during one of the Beatles’ many business meetings. McCartney recalled: “He was saying that we were all prisoners in some way [due to the ongoing problems with their company Apple] … I thought it would be a nice way to start an album.”

McCartney added, referring to his inspiration for “Band on the Run”: “It’s a million things … all put together. Band on the run – escaping, freedom, criminals. You name it, it’s there.”

Paul could generally find inspiration anywhere for a song and that is why he is such a great songwriter.

Jung Roe replied 4 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Jung Roe

15/12/2019 at 09:19

Band on the Run was a great song.  Use to have the Wings Greatest Hits Album.  Jet, Mull of Kintyre, Silly Love Songs, Let em In….lot of McCartney songs I enjoyed back then.  What a genius song writer.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!