MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Beatles vs Beach Boys

• David Herrick

08/09/2020 at 15:40

Thanks for sharing that song, Joe.  It actually sounded pretty good for the first couple of minutes.  It reminded me a little of the “Chariots of Fire” theme song.  But then from my perspective it degenerated into a cacophony.  Meh.  But at least now I am experienced.

• Joseph Manzi

08/09/2020 at 15:43

You are funny David. Like I said I respect the Beach Boys and Fans like you.

Have a good day.

ME

• Jacki Hopper

08/09/2020 at 16:24

Well, both those song samples from Howard and Joe, yes, both have thst kind of Beach Boy-ish  60s vibe to them , but I get an Eagles sense about  coming from them, in my mind and ears…  How one interprets music is truly unique…like taking the same recipe to give 10 people, though it’s  the same recipe,  each one is going to have a different outcome…it’s  okay to each have one’s own opinion,  it’s respecting the differences … I believe we can agree that Music has an effect, globally,  and it’s  up to each person to interpret in their own accordance as to how it conveys to them personally, perhaps collectively too  but moreso, individually…That’s  my 2 cents worth  today…

• Joseph Manzi

08/09/2020 at 17:17

Jacki,  So true, It’s the human factor. Very well put.

• Jung Roe

08/09/2020 at 20:31

Hey Joe, thanks for posting that Hendrix video.  It takes me into my brothers world.  What Hendrix could create with just his one guitar was amazing indeed.   Had a high school friend who was a Santana nut, and knew another family friend who was all Elvis.

I remember in elementary school hearing Surfin USA for the first time at a grade 4 dance party.  Our grade 4  school teacher was a real hip beautiful lady, and was intent on teaching the students to dance.  It never occurred to me it was about surfing at first for the first couple years, I just remember the USA part and thought it was awesome. Heard it as Serving USA.  It was all about freedom and force of good.   Only later in my teens when I really got into the Beach Boys, did I learn it was about surfing, but I still liked it.

In my early teens or maybe even before then, living in a fairly small house with 4 other siblings, sometimes I felt a little left out as my parents scrambled to love us each equally, struggling to give us each the attention we deserved. I spent a lot of time “In My Room” contemplating life and trying to keep myself from getting bored. The Beach Boys were there for me at that early age filling my head with so many bright fun tunes and dreams of “Fun, Fun, Fun” in sunny beautiful places I would one day go “When I Grow Up To Be a Man”. As I grew a little older, 15, I really started to dig those “California Girls”, and “Surfer Girls” too in my imagination! Beach Boys made my teens happy and filled my young life with incredible wonder and amazement of this world and what youth was about. Taught me how to dream for a beautiful future. Later I would discover the Beatles and others, but the Beach Boys were the first.  It’s amazing how music, whatever your preference, whoever your heroes, can make life beautiful.  From the Beach Boys to MLT, I love beautiful magical music.

• Jung Roe

08/09/2020 at 20:44

However you dice it and slice it, whether the best album or best song of all time, the Beach Boys are always there in the very top echelon.  Here is Rolling Stones magazine #6 top song of all time in the company of Hey Jude, and Imagine.  Listen to those harmonies and unique instruments and effect.  Brilliant vibrations.

https://youtu.be/rQ-UFKxDq5o

Sorry Jimi (mister May you never hear Surf Music again), you didn’t cut it in the top 10.  Sorry, I couldn’t resist.  🙂

• Jung Roe

08/09/2020 at 22:19

In contrast, arguably the Beatles greatest song, in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/UYeV7jLBXvA

• Jung Roe

08/09/2020 at 22:44

Who are these beautiful faces caught at a Beach Boys concert?

MLT at Beach Boys concert

• Jung Roe

08/09/2020 at 22:48

There may be more Beach Boys spirit in Mona and Lisa (at least they can say they’ve been on a surf board) than most of the Beach Boys as Dennis was the only surfer in the Beach Boys.

MLT surfing

• Jung Roe

08/09/2020 at 22:54

I don’t think this post would be complete without MLTs masterpiece cover of a Beach Boys masterpiece.

https://youtu.be/SdqMB1GEQAM

• Jung Roe

08/09/2020 at 22:56

And an MLT masterpiece cover of a Beatles masterpiece.

https://youtu.be/bq8kmGxgOWk

• Joseph Manzi

09/09/2020 at 01:09

Hey Jung, Nice shots of the girls,  I never saw these.

Joe

• Joseph Manzi

09/09/2020 at 01:12

A Day in a life. have you ever heard this with just John singing no music at all Jung?

This is a good choice my friend.

Joe

• Joseph Manzi

09/09/2020 at 01:17

Hey Jung

I remember in elementary school hearing Surfin USA for the first time at a grade 4 dance party.  Our grade 4  school teacher was a real hip beautiful lady, and was intent on teaching the students to dance.  It never occurred to me it was about surfing at first for the first couple years, I just remember the USA part and thought it was awesome. Heard it as Serving USA.  It was all about freedom and force of good.   Only later in my teens when I really got into the Beach Boys, did I learn it was about surfing, but I still liked it.

************************************************************************************

Jung that’s the greatest thing about music how it help you to cope with life and learn to be happy when you are down.  And if you are down listen to some blues to fit your mood.  It’s all good. I could write a book on this stuff.

Joe

• Jung Roe

09/09/2020 at 02:07

Hey Joe

Yeah that first photo especially is precious, MLT in front of a Beach Boys concert stage.  My two absolute favourite music heroes in the same picture and same place!  I haven’t heard of A Day In The Life with just John singing it, that would be interesting.  Is there a video of that?  I enjoy the blues, Rolling Stones, Cheryl Crow and many others.  Music indeed has been there in life through thick and thin.

• Joseph Manzi

09/09/2020 at 02:17

Lucky you Jung, Beach Boys and Mona, Lisa,

I will see if I can find that on John singing Day In A Life. It is great he sing it exactly like the original. Very haunting…

Page 4 of 6

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!