MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Beware of Scams on Youtube

• Beware of Scams on Youtube

Posted by David on 02/12/2022 at 23:33

Hi folks,

I guess it’s a sign of success when scammers start trying to impersonate you to trick others. Today I encountered a scammer impersonating the MonaLisa Twins.

I went to Youtube and had notices of replies to comments I’d left on a few MLT videos. Nothing unusual there, except these appeared to be from the Twins. In case my screenshot doesn’t come through, it basically thanked me for leaving a comment and said I’d won a prize. It was left by

“Hit telegram@MonaLisaTwins” and included their current profile pic.

I’ve never used the Telegram messaging app, so in my foolish excitement that they may be doing a seasonal promotion and wanted to give me a refrigerator magnet or something, I got the app and contacted the imposters.

Well, the poor grammar and weird punctuation, followed by the fact that they’d said I’d won a Fender guitar, made me pretty suspicious and sent me researching the “You won a prize” Youtube scam. So of course it’s a thing. It plays out just as it had started with me. A reply to a comment saying “Let’s talk” or whatever and a promise of a prize. Apparently the real scam is they say you have to pay a bit toward shipping and then some other fee and then one thing leads to another.

I tried emailing the MLT team and reported the channel to YT, but I thought everyone here would like to know. Probably many of you are quite aware of this scam and would not have taken even a look down the road on which I took a step. Still, you might want to report them to YT, as I have.

The bogus channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAvqUiJGKYPs_gZtZnVJU4A

Now I’ll try to leave a screenshot of the reply they used to bait me.

Daryl Jones replied 1 year, 9 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Thomas Randall

03/12/2022 at 00:34

These scams appear on nearly every video on Youtube. Just report them and move on. I see them all the time sadly. The content creators try to have them removed right away and sometimes it takes awhile.

• Francis Gerald (Jerry) Chamness

03/12/2022 at 01:40

Thank you so much, David. I appreciate your taking the time to post this!

• Jung Roe

03/12/2022 at 04:31

Hi David.

I came across this scam too. After I watched a Rick Beato video, it appeared Rick reached out to me to tell me I won a guitar. I knew something was up when he wanted me to pay for shipping right away to some weird hotmail email account.

• Daryl Jones

04/12/2022 at 17:09

Sadly, these “no goods” are everywhere on social media and broadcasting sites. One must be diligent always. Same old adage: if it looks too good to be true… Thanks for the warning just the same!

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!