MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Born Song Writing Geniuses

• Born Song Writing Geniuses

Posted by Jung Roe on 13/07/2023 at 05:39

I may be preaching to the choir here, but I can’t contain my enthusiasm and no better place to scream our passion for MLT than here.

Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Bob Dylan, Brian Wilson are some of the few born with an innate song writing genius.

These two originals from Mona and Lisa just prove they were also born with this innate gift of song writing genius. They wrote Alone at 13, and some 16 years later they wrote Any Other Day, two masterpieces, though Lisa won’t admit Alone is a masterpiece. 😉 This kind of song writing can’t be learned or developed, it is innate in my opinion, just like Mozart or Beethoven too. Just listen to these two songs back to back, their beauty and pull is amazing. If you don’t feel goose bumps, maybe check your pulse.

The superlative golden gem, MLT’s first original:

https://youtu.be/lWZohFGdrLg

Jung Roe replied 1 year, 2 months ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Jung Roe

13/07/2023 at 05:42

A superlative golden gem, MLT’s latest masterpiece original:

https://youtu.be/G2dDBSr3L_E

Of course Kudos to Papa Rudi for all you do, and from whom Mona and Lisa inherited their brilliant musical talent and good looks.

• Phil Whitley

13/07/2023 at 19:02

These songs are great but the creativity of the song “WHY?” is actually genius. The musical transitions, vocals and, to me, everything about it is better than anything I have ever heard! Maybe it’s because I listen to it with a musician and recording mixers ear. And, of course, their dad is a master of mixing and mastering.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Phil Whitley.
    • Jung Roe

16/07/2023 at 19:59

Hi Phil, yeah I’m on the same wavelength with you about the song WHY? It is a pocket symphony with such beautiful, sophisticated and emotion grabbing effects with the instrumentation and vocals. I love those harmonies, with the accompanying bass at the beginning, and then the incredible effects of the strings come in, it’s all mesmerizing in amazing beauty and magnificence. A brilliant masterpiece in music composition. This is the stuff of the great composers and modern composers like John Williams and the Beatles later period of experimentation and innovation. In 4.5 minutes they’ve captured the emotional depth of a 45 minutes and 4 movement long 9th Symphony of Ludwig Van Beethoven.

• Johnnypee Parker

13/07/2023 at 14:14

Didn’t they say it started with five syllables to go along with these five notes? Genius

• Jung Roe

16/07/2023 at 20:07

Hi JP, this is melody genius indeed. What they can do with 5 notes and syllables.

• Dave Johnston

13/07/2023 at 19:03

I love both of these songs and listen to both almost daily. All of their originals speak to what great singer/songwriters they are. Even at 13 the melody and lyrics of Alone are first rate. You can see their growth from the 1st to the 3rd original albums. After having played Why! Over 100 million times I now find myself listening to all 3 albums equally and enjoying each of them for their own unique brilliance.

• Jung Roe

16/07/2023 at 20:15

Hi Dave, well spoken. I love the direction their original works are going, each new album is innovative as they expand their diversity and create new sound and style, never repeating themselves. They are on the same creative path the Beatles went on.

• Chris Weber

21/07/2023 at 01:18

Jung,

I don’t mean to hijack the thread, but I just found someone on Twitter giving love to the Twins, and I shared it back.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1681741220903616512

• Jung Roe

21/07/2023 at 06:35

Hi Chris

That is great, always love to see people from different musical tastes and genres coming to discover and appreciate MLT. You can’t escape the lure of Mona and Lisa’s powerful, majestic and beautiful music. Really, really good music transcends divisions and touches people.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!