• Count On Me

Posted by Bill Isenberg on 26/10/2020 at 23:28

So tonight coming home from work I had the Orange Album on and I can not get over how beautiful Count On me is. You all agree? Takes me back to the early 70’s, Bread, Carly Simon, James Taylor. These ladies have it all together, they know how to write , perform and just beautiful ladies. I always said the early music from the 1970’s is a spill over from the 1960’s. Such great music. Just look at the recent What’s on the Table, Joni Mithcell album from 1972 how cool is that? But Count on Me is a true Gem from the Mona Lisa Twins, I am so excited for the next original music album. When I listen to Count On Me it just makes me feel so good and relaxed and the words and arrangement is perfect.

Bill Isenberg replied 3 years, 10 months ago 8 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Johnnypee Parker

27/10/2020 at 00:36

I agree, Bill.  This could possibly be my favorite MLT song.  I have noticed that when singing the chorus, “see” and “me” are smiles.  As you sing these words, your face is starting a smile.  Coincidence?

As time will go by, you’ll see

you can always count on me

Lisa and Mona’s vocals are perfect here.  They create a warm somber vibe that draws the listener into a permanent smile.  I feel safe saying this song leaves me feeling very safe and content at the end 😉

It actually has a very paternal feel to it.  Did someone say Rudi contributed to this?

JP

• Jacki Hopper

27/10/2020 at 03:49

Indeed, of course it’s a Groovy gem of a song, I love singing along with them whenever  I play it with my headphones  on around home….A beautiful song ☮

• Jung Roe

27/10/2020 at 04:38

When I first heard Count On Me, I was so impressed!  Thought to myself these ladies can write songs too in the realm of the Beatles, Dylan, Mitchell and Baez.

• Bill Isenberg

29/10/2020 at 02:00

I would love to see a duo session on this song. That is what I picture  Lisa and Mona just chilling out singing this song with a fireplace and a back ground of fall and a lake. But this song is so well done it is amazing how talented they are and how much love and heart to put into their songs. This is not a one it wonder group, they are in it for the run and doing it the right way God bless them both.

• Jung Roe

29/10/2020 at 04:27

Bill I agree with you all the way, and I would love to see a Duo Session of Count On Me too.

• Refugio Arellano

29/10/2020 at 05:21

good night all.

Like you, I think that count on me is a great song.

I would also like a duo session.

Greetings

• Bill Isenberg

31/10/2020 at 14:32

This song proves that they can write and perform great music, again we are all blessed to be sharing this journey with the MLT!

• Tomás F. Calvo

02/11/2020 at 02:01

I agree Bill. This song is truly a gem. It’s one of those songs that seems to come together magically. It jumped out at me the first time I heard it, and my jaw dropped. Of course, the Twins make something look simple and easy, but it’s really a complex song to do. Very much like The Beatles. They’ve also said that they knocked this one out pretty fast in he studio. More proof (should anyone still need it) that MTL are world class musicians all around.

Tomás

• Bill Isenberg

12/11/2020 at 23:53

Well put Thomas,

I had the Orange Album on today and that song is my favorite just because of how beautiful this sounds and the arrangement with the strings, ah just a wonderful song period. I Do hope they do a duo session of this song.

• Gert Just Jensen

14/11/2020 at 17:39

I agree. Count On Me is my favourite on the album, after Still A Friend Of Mine. A beautiful melody and great lyrics, and that fingerpicking opening with the lines: Sometimes i throw a stone into the darkness – just to see what sound it makes, is pure Paul Simon poetry. I would also love to see a duo session of it, would make it easier to figure out that fingerpicking pattern, lol

• Bill Isenberg

17/11/2020 at 00:49

Agree everyone, hope the Mona Lisa Twins see these posts and maybe consider a duo session of Count On Me. The simplicity of this song is so awesome, and so laid back and  is so nice to listen to, you can’t go wrong to listen to this at the end of a hard work day.

• Michael Rife

19/11/2020 at 19:59

Hi all;

I agree.  It is one of my favorites from the Orange album.  It sounds like an early ’70s song and has that singer-songwriter feel.  From the time I first heard it, I very much like the song.  Mike.

• Bill Isenberg

20/11/2020 at 00:27

Michael

You hit it right on the head, 70’s feel to it and I do lean a bit towards early 70’s music. Mona and Lisa know what their Journey is and I a glad to be on board to follow along and enjoy.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!