• Creativity

Posted by Jung Roe on 18/08/2019 at 09:23

I came across this quote the other day that really resonated with me about creativity.

Art in history

History is really about the creators and destructors, and the world really needs more creators, the few with their creative gifts endowed upon them to make this a better world.
    The world remembers people for their art, and what they created.

Leonardo Davinci

Shakespeare

Beethoven

Einstein

Beatles

Following Mona and Lisa (Team MLT) on their musical journey and everything they do from their original music, covers, videos, behind the scenes posts, social media posts, their art work, their eloquent written posts here at the MLT Club, you can’t but be inspired by their creativity. They are one of the few with remarkable creative musical talent endowed upon them to make this a better world.

Mona and Lisa with ukelele

Here is what they said about their visual artwork, and a couple examples to enjoy:
    “However, every now and then we still love to take advantage of the calming, almost meditative effect that painting and drawing (now also digitally) has on us. There’s nothing more relaxing than putting on our favourite music or interesting podcast and just drawing whatever we feel like.”

Silhouettes of Life by Mona

Harmony

Jung Roe replied 4 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Jung Roe

18/08/2019 at 10:24

Example of Team MLT creative ingenuity at work here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0AOZYi3acU

Love the background song from Orange.

• Jung Roe

19/08/2019 at 00:33

Here is an interesting little tidbit about what colors inspire creativity. Red, Yellow (MLT colors, no surprise), Blue, Green, Purple, Orange and Grey. From an article on “The Best Office Colors to boost creativity, happiness, and productivity.

“Colors have both psychological and physiological influences that affect mood and behavior. In rooms where people work, learn and create, colors that energize and enlighten, uplift moods and focus the mind inspire a productive and creative atmosphere.”

There is a similar article called “What Wall Colors Inspire Creativity”.

So if you are or will be repainting your place in the near future and are contemplating what color to go with, well the experts suggest these: Purple, Green, Blue, or Orange. Now I don’t know if this is a clever ploy by the paint companies to sell more paint, but if you are going to paint, why not with some colors with potential benefit.

Well of course MLT album Orange is a living example of the brilliant musical creative magic that is possible, and the resident “Purple Fairy” poet and artist Jacki Hopper I’m sure can attest to Purple and it’s power on creativity.

Interestingly the color green in particular have some research to back it’s creativity benefits to the brain. I also read somewhere green is good for the eyes and the retina in particular for it’s neutrality in the color spectrum and resultant soothing/refreshing effect on the eyes.

Here is a little intro to the color green and why it is good for your creativity juices. I heard a story Beethoven liked to go walking in the forest and around lakes (surrounding himself in nature and green) when he use to compose.  Click to enlarge the image.

About green creativity

• Jacki Hopper

21/08/2019 at 17:18

Lol… True… Purple is indeed magical and quite powerful and Postivity Creative Inspiring in my opinion… And for the last 10 years about living at home before the house was sold at the time, (yes, I never moved out while my older siblings had and one of them moved back home to help out with Dad, due to Dad’s health issues, etc), Finally got to paint my bedroom a lovely lilac shade of purple with Fuschia pink rose stenciling patterns all around the 4 walls about halfway down wall.

I do indulge in painting from time to time and write other poetry besides MLT related poetry…, so yes, I do believe how colours plays a pivoted role in one’s life.

• Jung Roe

22/08/2019 at 08:30

Hi Jacki.  A Lilac shade of purple painted room sounds like it would be pretty inspiring and groovy.  After reading these articles about color, a wondered what a red room would be like.  A friend of mine had an apartment with one wall painted red, and it looked nice I recall.  I have all my fountain pens filled with green ink for work.

• Jung Roe

24/08/2019 at 10:13

So where does creativity come from?  What do creative artists do?

Well interestingly these creative masters all seem to say the same thing.  Have a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2fQ09gcu8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKz-ZIkw3nI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WENXCJqpDk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeqGCUoVAsE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FRQwLSk7Gk

Surrendering to their unconscious inspiration.   A kind of magic or witchcraft, insight into the divine.  Passion.  Not trying too hard.

• Jung Roe

02/09/2019 at 07:45

I really liked what Robin Gibb said about inspired music, that it doesn’t belong to any one person, but to all the people. It’s like if you create a new invention or discover a scientific breakthrough that can touch people and help make lives and the world better, it is a virtue to reach as many people as you can with it.

• Jung Roe

14/10/2019 at 00:55

I think it’s illuminating to hear what the great musical artists have to say about their creative process and talk about their art from a philosophical point of view. I think we can learn some truths from the legends.

On the recent Q and A video, Lisa said Eyvind Earle is an artist she really got into, so I thought it would be really fitting to include some insight about creativity from this artist here. Eyvind Earle is a graphic artist as well as a painter. He is famous for his graphic artwork on Hollywood animated movies such as “Lady and the Tramp”, or animated trailer for motion picture “West Side Story” and many others. He also exhibits his oil paintings, water colors, and graphics at prominent exhibitions all over the world.

At Eyvind Earle’s website there is a very nice biography video compiled and narrated by Eyvind Earle that is very impressive. It’s an amazing biography about overcoming disability and poverty to let one’s art out into the world. At the end of the video, he sums up what his life journey revealed to him and provides some of his insight into what art and creativity is all about.

Here are some excerpts I thought I’d share here on Art by Eyvind Earle:

…Infinite energy and creative force are all around us waiting to be used….
    Art is creating
    Art is a search for truth.

Art encompasses all aspects of existence:
    Life, truth, consciousness, color, sound, and feeling..they are all the same thing.
    Seeing, we call it painting
    Hearing, we call it music
    Reading , we call it poetry
    Living, we call it life

Art is an attempt to capture life.

• Tomás F. Calvo

14/10/2019 at 06:03

This is great Jung, and I relate to it a lot. There’s a quote by Robert Schumann that’s a favorite of mine:

To send light into the depths of the human heart — this is the artist’s calling!

Original in German:

Licht senden in die Tiefen des menschlichen Herzens — des Künstlers Beruf!

Clearly the MonaLisa-Twins do this in droves.

• Stephen Krogh

15/10/2019 at 18:11

Thank you so much for putting this together Jung. I really enjoyed it. Its one of my favorite, never ending interests. Thank you again and for all your wonderful contributions to this eclectic forum.

• Jacki Hopper

15/10/2019 at 18:43

Thankyou Jung, most fascinating and enjoyable to read and learn from and may I express my 2 cents creative worth the best I know how upon this thread post :

” Creativity Junction”

It’s an Odyssey of itself

Of its own paths and horizons

Goes beyond and is everywhere

Origins not always known

But the ecletic and classics shown

Distinctive and of various selections

Quest sometimes for debates and discussions

To express and open for interpretation

While sometimes definite in your face

And other times for deep consideration

Admiration or criticize

The point is to open mind and eyes

Each  one of us all human beings and everything else

Has a gift to be creative

Innovative

Collaborative

Comes natural and alive

While not quite for others

But they can do and have potential

It’s just more ambition to strive

To be unique

And offer such dedication

Appreciation

Our collective abilities to function

Indeed makes

For what it takes

To Eminate and embrace

Creativity Junction…

©JackiHopper2019 ~

• Jung Roe

17/10/2019 at 04:18

Tomas, Stephen, and Jacki, thanks for your kind words.  I am glad you enjoyed this about creativity.

I liked your poem Jacki, and what you said about creativity:

The point is to open mind and eyes

Each  one of us all human beings and everything else

Has a gift to be creative

– Jacki Hopper

Creativity is the single thing that distinguishes humans from every other creature on this planet.  It’s a special gift indeed!

• Howard

17/10/2019 at 15:11

That was a well researched and very interesting piece from you Jung. Thanks for sharing it with us. As you highlight, we owe so much to those in our society who are creators when there are so many powerful people who are destructive.  Artists like the MLT contribute much positive value to this world and take back very little in comparison and we are so fortunate that they allow us to share in their beautiful, colourful vision.

• Jung Roe

18/10/2019 at 06:05

Thanks very much Howard.  Well said about creators and MLT.  In the often troublesome world today, it’s artists like MLT who bring hope to the world, and make me believe there is still more good in this world, and there is hope for the future.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!