MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Don’t hurt my little sister

• David Herrick

19/08/2020 at 18:35

This is really stretching the definition, but technically this is a song about a little sister:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmwF-zy2Ypo

I thought I had purged my brain of this sort of dreck long ago, but apparently I missed a corner.

• Jung Roe

20/08/2020 at 08:34

David, that is ultra cute!  The new ones, you can record on them, and there was a story recently on the news here in Vancouver where a daughter had a doll like that with a recording her mom left on there before she passed away, and was a gift from her mom to her.  The doll got stolen during a move and she made a plea on TV asking for it to be returned.  Even some local movie stars tweeted a reward, no questions asked, for it’s return.  And a few days later she got it back.  It was such a touching story.

• Jung Roe

20/08/2020 at 08:36

Here is a Carly Simon song about two little sisters I just came across that is so beautiful, felt goose bumps listening to it!  It’s a must listen!

https://youtu.be/StxFAJH9TuM

• David Herrick

20/08/2020 at 15:19

That’s a nifty song, Jung.  It sounds like the kind of song that you could enjoy as a little kid, and then you listen to it again as an adult and discover a whole new level to it.

• Jung Roe

20/08/2020 at 23:01

David, yeah it is great in so many ways.  I couldn’t help but think about Mona and Lisa listening to this, they are so lucky and blessed to have the gift of each other.  Together they are a beautiful blessing to the world and everyone here!

• Bill Isenberg

21/08/2020 at 00:20

Jung and Howard ,

thanks for the shout out, i have been busy the last couple of days with Maddie playing softball…LOL…But love this club, first and foremost to support what the Mona and Lisa twins are doing and their vision of Music and positive attitude with all the problems in today’s world we all live in. And to meet amazing people like you both and Joseph etc….I love talking music and sharing how much the Mona Lisa twins mean to me and my little Maddie! I am still working on a set list….LOL..Hard to put together …LOL…

• Howard

21/08/2020 at 02:47

Jung, this one is about big sister.

“The lyric concerns a man’s entreaties to his girlfriend’s young siblings not to reveal his courtship of their elder sister and to leave them alone, at some points, even bribing them with things like “candy and a quarter” and “a movie”, on the condition that they “keep a secret”. As such, it was a departure from the traditional love songs previously recorded by Kramer (sometimes supplied by Lennon & McCartney). When offered another Lennon and McCartney song, “One and One Is Two”, for his next single by the manager of both groups, Brian Epstein, Kramer turned it down and chose “Little Children” instead, after a search for suitable material from music publishers.”

“Little Children” – Billy J. Kramer

https://youtu.be/z9UDvbPLaKg

• Jacki Hopper

21/08/2020 at 04:35

Interesting diversity of songs here, some familiar with, while others, not…

• David Herrick

21/08/2020 at 05:25

Apparently Carly Simon was really into this sister thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5B5h0HXakQ

• Jacki Hopper

21/08/2020 at 06:42

David: I saw/read it somewheres that she and her sister used to perform together… and Carly had come out with her autobiography  somewhat recently, ( ” Boys In The Trees” )…perhaps that’s  where I saw photos of her and her sister,  I didnt buy book, just skimmed  through while I saw it in bookstore, at the time….

Page 2 of 2

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!