MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion DREAM MLT COVER CHOICES …

• Jacki Hopper

17/10/2018 at 17:23

Lol…This question ..man oh man…What did I start here…taking off like it has…..although it was originally supposed to be for M &L to answer.. as I realized after  that I posted it in wrong section…oh well.. a groovy happy inadvertingly accident but awesome outcome none the less…..U’m liking the variety in choices.. Keep it up !!!!????

• Charles Pepper

19/10/2018 at 01:42

I would love to hear them cover Dave Clark Five’s “Because”

• Michael Rife

19/10/2018 at 09:10

Hi all;

This one is an odd choice……..but what about Operator by Jim Croce?  Mike.

• Timothy Choate

21/10/2018 at 18:09

Johnny Angel

I’m Into Something Good

a couple of Elvis songs …

I Got Stung

I Need Your Love Tonight.

TC

• Saba Arif

21/10/2018 at 18:58

Great question, Jacki! Would love to hear more Mamas and Papas stuff from them too. Blondie is an inspired choice. That would sound so much fun!

I can’t wait to hear their versions of ‘The White Room’ and ‘The Night Before’ in particular! So many great new cover choices on their new albums. I’d LOVE to hear them do ‘And Your Bird Can Sing’ or ‘Rain’ as well. I think both would make for fantastic videos too.

Of course, MLT have gone out of their way to please fans and cover as many ’60s tracks as possible, so it makes sense for them to take a break from that for as long as they want.

However, this being a completely hypothetical question, I think Mona and Lisa would sound brilliant covering ‘This Will Be Our Year’ by The Zombies, ‘A Whiter Shade of Pale’ by Procol Harum, ‘You’re No Good’ by The Swingin’ Blue Jeans, ‘You Keep Me Hangin’ On’ by ‘The Supremes’, ‘Hair’ by Zen, ‘Blackberry Way’ by The Move, ‘Dancing In The Street’, ‘Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow’ and SO MANY MORE!

I think they’d also sound brilliant putting their own spin on more contemporary-sounding songs too.

• Steve

21/10/2018 at 19:10

As long as they stay away from rap and hip-hop I don’t care what songs they cover.  So far I’ve loved whatever they do.  However….. if I had to offer up a request I would suggest Nowhere Man.  That song is always in my top 5 Fab 4 favorites and sometimes sits at number 1.  It sounds as good today as it did 50 years ago.

• Robert Blume

22/10/2018 at 20:58

I’m going with Dusty Springfield’s ‘I Only Want To Be With You’. It was her signature song. IMO her best….and one of the great songs from the British Beat period. I haven’t heard anyone else cover it. I can just imagine what MLT could do with this song.

• Jacki Hopper

22/10/2018 at 21:08

Ohhh…Now that there would be a good one…Yes..I can visualize & hear MLT in my mind’s eye/ears doing this one????✌️☮️????????????????????????❤️????

• Howard

22/10/2018 at 21:58

Not sure where you’re from Robert but the Bay City Rollers had a huge hit with it during the mid seventies in the UK, America and Australia. Their tour of the US was reminiscent of the hysteria of the Beatles tours.

The Tourists also had a hit with it in 1979. It has actually been covered by many groups and singers.

• Robert Blume

23/10/2018 at 01:16

Hi Howard – Not on a desert island. I actually do come from one of those places you mention. We had radio, records…the whole nine yards. But somehow I missed those covers you cite or they didn’t register. That actually might be a telling commentary on my 1970’s. In any event you are certainly correct to point out that a hit of this magnitude would naturally be (and was) covered by multiple artists over the years…whether I was alert enough to hear them or not. I should have phrased my words differently. But back to the original point, this is my MLT ‘dream cover’ choice and I’m sticking to it.

• Jung Roe

23/10/2018 at 01:54

Let it Be would be awesome, or a Beach Boys somg from Pet Sounds like Sloop John B.  Time of the Season would have been a big one, but its on the way.  Can hardly wait to hear that one.

Page 2 of 2

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!