MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Early Kinks, Who, and the Beatles

• Joseph Manzi

07/11/2020 at 04:22

Hey Jung ,

Good interview, I myself put Pete in the top 5 as a song writer. My opinion.

Great interview on Brian Wilson. Love Pete talking about the melting pot of music in America and the world. When growing up I always felt sports and music made people get along and forget race, religion and what ever problems or issue we face.

• Jung Roe

07/11/2020 at 05:16

Joe, towards the end of the interview and Pete’s expressive statement, I couldn’t help but remember these words from MLT.

“Rock n Roll is here to stay”.

https://youtu.be/y7K9AfYCXis

MLT are true keepers of the rock and roll faith in the current mediocrity of canned modern pop music!

• Johnnypee Parker

07/11/2020 at 14:41

Here is an old Pink Floyd song from their 1971 album “Meddle”.  It is a beautiful song.  I just found this video someone made that captures the mood of the piece and a lot of the symbolism of the lyrics.

‘This album was before Dark Side of the Moon when the band was really on their game.  Unfortunately their success created a lot of personality conflicts    that still go on.

Put in your earbuds, headphones for Jacki, and enjoy.  This video is lovely, but this one is also nice to listen  to when you close your eyes, open your ears and just breathe.
    https://youtu.be/wFt99jcazHs

• Joseph Manzi

07/11/2020 at 16:20

Hi Johnnypee – Meddle is a great album. I also love the instrumental One of these days.

San Tropez and of course if you have dogs there favorite song would be Seamus. Great pick

Johnnypee.

• Johnnypee Parker

07/11/2020 at 21:41

Hey Joe, have you ever played “Seamus” with a dog in the room? It’s fun to watch the dog react to the howling in the song.  The same thing will happen during the interlude of “Dogs” off the “Animals” album.

JP

• Joseph Manzi

07/11/2020 at 21:46

Hi Johnnypee,   Yes I get a lot perked ears twisting  of heads and sometimes barking and I had one dog who would howl.

I have had a lot of dogs in my life and I have to say it’s their favorite song.  Oh sometimes

the Beatles Bulldog too.

• Thomas Randall

13/11/2020 at 21:35

[postquote quote=110595][/postquote]

Love that Kinks song! Another fave of mine from The Beatles is “I’ll get you”. And The Who’s “Can’t explain” is another favorite of mine.

• Joseph Manzi

13/11/2020 at 21:56

Hey Tom, Since you are a drummer . Give me your top five all time drummer.

Joe

• Thomas Randall

13/11/2020 at 22:16

[postquote quote=111396][/postquote]

Buddy Rich, Carl Palmer, Joe Franco, Anton Fig are my favorites and a few others I like are Willie Wilcox (Utopia), Alice Cooper’s original drummer Neil Smith, Several of Frank Zappa’s drummers like Terry Bozzio and Chad Wackerman, Karen Carpenter.

• Joseph Manzi

14/11/2020 at 04:29

Like your list Tom, I also would throw Ginger Baker, Keith Moon, Ringo, Mitch Mitchell and Neil Peart.

Oh and Sina,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h19K9Z0fZUs

Page 2 of 2

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!