• encore

Posted by Rick Ross on 22/02/2021 at 22:05

hi ladies,
    On your brilliant release of Live at The Cavern Club, I know you mentioned that you cut out the between songs talk for the most part to make it a smooth transition from one song to the next. I was wondering though, are Hey Bulldog and Mg Generation encores for the first set? And One More Time and Revolution on the second set?
    Also as an after thought, are your stage outfits custom made or were they found in a shop? I know you have a couple of different sets.
    Thanks and stay amazing as you are
    Rick Ross

Jeffery Ohlwine replied 3 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    22/02/2021 at 22:05

Hi Rick,

Since the Cavern Club runs on a tight schedule when it comes to the bands that are lined up to play every night, they don’t really allow encores. If every act would extend their set by a song or two it would completely throw off the schedule so we made it a habit to just stick to our regular set length or rather schedule the encores into our existing setlist.

To be honest, it felt a little weird at first but the audience was usually really understanding. We’d try to come out right after the show to talk to audience members anyway so it wasn’t like we’d just disappear into nothingness.
    But yes, it’s definitely unusual the way it is handled there but makes sense if you have constant live music on one stage.

Hope you’re well!

• Rick Ross

23/02/2021 at 16:44

Hi Mona,
    Hope you and your family are well and enjoying making the music as much as I enjoy listening. ????❤
    Thanks so much for your answer. That does make.alot of.sense. With so many bands lined up, it would be hard. Didnt realize there were so many.

Thanks Again

• Jeffery Ohlwine

28/02/2021 at 02:00

Great question, Rick! I was wondering if “Revolution” was the last song they performed in their Cavern run, or if more came after the video recording stopped.

• Bill Isenberg

07/03/2021 at 21:42

Jeffrey,
    I am guessing Revolution was the last song, It was awesome and I think the Cavern Club roof needed repair after the Mona Lisa Twins tore the roof off on Revolution! Wow again jumping up and down during that song!!

• Jeffery Ohlwine

07/03/2021 at 22:59

Truly an outstanding and fitting song to wrap up their Cavern run with! Wouldn’t surprise me if maintenance had to refit a few pieces of the ceiling after!

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!