MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Famous songs with reference to pets or animals

• Jung Roe

15/08/2020 at 06:41

Joe, I never heard that Kinks Apeman before, but has a nice catchy tune, a little reggae in there too, I like it.  The first few opening bars, I swore the guitar riff sounded like the start of Lola!

• Jung Roe

15/08/2020 at 06:51

Bungle in the Jungle, another gem Joe.  All my brothers records Jethro Tull, Al Stewart, Ted Nugent, Jimi Hendricks, Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Moody Blues, Boston, Kansas, Chicago….I was fortunate enough to have access to.

https://youtu.be/tqW4xIr7nj0

• David Herrick

15/08/2020 at 07:10

Jung, I’m not really a fan of Westerns in general, but if Bonanza is one of the best, then okay, I’ll give it a shot sometime.  I have eaten at the Ponderosa Steakhouse a few times, if that’s worth any partial credit.

Once as a kid my siblings and I were watching TV, and one of Lorne Greene’s Alpo commercials came on.  When it ended, my four-year-old sister said very matter-of-factly, “When I grow up to be a dog, I will eat some Alpo.”  We had a long talk.

• John Behle

15/08/2020 at 07:37

The Trashmen – Surfin Bird – Bird is the Word

https://youtu.be/9Gc4QTqslN4?list=PLr3lrHykhHFaskcr9lES7pqW1TTXt2kuE

• John Behle

15/08/2020 at 07:48

Ok.  This is a bit of an emotional song.  I had a bunch of other songs I was thinking about posting, but after this I’m heading out to share some MLT tunes with my dog.

“Choose Me” – Songs to Save Animals

https://youtu.be/raLBmpS0jp4

• David Herrick

15/08/2020 at 08:00

Good call with “Surfin’ Bird”, John!  Of course, the younger generation knows it from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSlB4eznXoA

• Jung Roe

15/08/2020 at 09:01

John, if there is anything good about this pandemic situation right now is many of the animal shelters these days are running out of abandoned dogs and cats because so many of them are being adopted.  It looks like the lock downs and social isolation is making people realize the importance of companionship.

As for the “Surfin Bird” song,  if you ask MLT to cover that one, you may get kicked out of the club!  !  🙂

• Howard

15/08/2020 at 09:31

So true Jung. It also means people are no longer dumping unwanted pets to the same extent. I just don’t know how sapiens can be so cruel sometimes. I just hope all those people I now see walking their pets passed my place to the many nearby parks and walking paths keep it up when things get back go normal.

My Luca is such a wonderful companion and support during these times.

• Jung Roe

15/08/2020 at 23:49

Agree Howard. Hope the people who adopted these pets in their time of need for companionship will remain loyal to their pets and continue to love them throughout their lives even when things return to normal.

• Joseph Manzi

15/08/2020 at 12:05

Good morning Howard. Thank for explaining your weather for down under. So you are warm and humid.

• Joseph Manzi

15/08/2020 at 12:08

John I will take that bird is the word. Not a fan of family guy myself. No offense to David

• Joseph Manzi

15/08/2020 at 12:15

John what a story on Lucy / Lucky.  I love dogs. We has a few rescued dog and they were great. John a bobcat.  Wow!  Where do you live again?  So how is Lucky doing?

• Joseph Manzi

15/08/2020 at 12:19

David, Glad you liked The Kinks Apeman.   It a Ray Davies classic.

• Joseph Manzi

15/08/2020 at 12:22

Hey Jung,

As far as the Lorne Greene Ringo song. I am not aware of it. I’m not totally sure but I think

Ringo was a real outlaw in the early west. I could be wrong to. I will look into my friend.

Glad you like it and Flash Gordon

• Howard

15/08/2020 at 13:14

That would have to be a no, Joe.

In November 1959, Richard Starkey joined what eventually became Rory Storm and the Hurricanes.

About this time he adopted the stage name Ringo Starr; derived from the rings he wore and also because it implied a country and western influence. His drum solos were billed as Starr Time.

• Howard

15/08/2020 at 13:19

What a shocker! I won’t thank you for sharing that one with us Joe. You’ve certainly blotted your copybook there! MLT, please avoid at all cost.

Page 6 of 9

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!