MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Famous songs with reference to pets or animals

• Joseph Manzi

15/08/2020 at 14:01

Howard we were talking about tombstone on video Ringo by Lorne Greene    Not sure what you are talking about

• Howard

15/08/2020 at 14:32

My first reply is referring to your “Soupy Sales The Mouse” video Joe. You’ve been posting some pretty good videos. Just wondered where you pulled that awful Mouse video from. I’d never seen it before and now I can’t unsee it, if you know what I mean.

My second reply refers to your “Could it be, this song had anything to do with Richard Starky choosing Ringo Starr?”

No offence intended.

• Joseph Manzi

15/08/2020 at 15:10

Steven Stills Bluebird.   Joe Walsh did a version. Both are good. But Stills wrote it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKHY8MXgiz0

• Joseph Manzi

15/08/2020 at 15:26

No offense taken, just wasn’t sure what you were talking about.  Besides that how’s everything.

Yea you right about the Soupy Sales The Mouse.. He did it and was popular for a week or two.

Did you ever see his shows. With White Fang and Black Tooth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP0g6VINHbs

• Joseph Manzi

15/08/2020 at 15:31

Frankie Valli & Soupy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNtcwXqmDF8

Click on link

• Joseph Manzi

15/08/2020 at 15:34

Howard the first one is Alice Cooper and Soupy – Just click that link.

• Howard

15/08/2020 at 15:56

Now that is another great Buffalo Springfield number. Some people in the Club are not Neil Young fans (looking at you Jacki), as they hear his voice as sort of Dylan like, and they don’t think much of Dylan’s singing. I’ve never had any issues with either Dylan’s or Young’s singing and had plenty of Neil Young records in the seventies, both with CSN&Y and his solo career.

• Joseph Manzi

15/08/2020 at 16:47

Hey Howard. She from Canada and is not a fan of Neil Young.  Interesting.. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I know one thing he does not sing like Dylan. I like Dylan singing and I do understand people hating his singing. At first I was like that and then I really got into him.

I saw Neil Young and Crazy Horse at the Garden during his Rust Never Sleeps tour. He put a great show on. Then I saw him when he first came out doing Everybody know this is nowhere, at the Fillmore East. He was brand new.  I was hooked.. I also saw him with Crosby Stills Nash & Young. Hey To each their own. He has written some great songs. I remember reading way back when he bought Lionel Trains. I think he ended up selling them. I know he has a son who had cerebral palsy, which  attributed to  his parallelization. I think he died in 2017. Neil Young also has issues. I thought it was from epilepsy and some rare form of polio. I know he said that’s why he acts weird on stage. Something to do with the left and right side of his brain.

I’m not a doctor.

Jacki probably likes the Guess Who and Bachman Turner Overdrive. I do too.

But Mr Young is better…

• John Behle

15/08/2020 at 22:38

[postquote quote=100615][/postquote]

Joseph, we are in a mountainous area of Utah so I assume the Bobcat was just coming down from the hills.  I successfully stopped the Bobcat from coming to eat the cat’s food and he stayed away.  One day Lucky didn’t come home and we don’t know what happened.  Lucky’s luck may have run out 🙁

I’ve never watched Family Guy, I just remember the “Bird” song from when I was a kid.

• Joseph Manzi

15/08/2020 at 22:53

John,

Sorry to hear that. What a shame after what Lucky had been through. Will you get another dog. I saw you were thinking of a cat. Naming it Yoko.

john

• John Behle

15/08/2020 at 23:11

[postquote quote=100671][/postquote]
    Thinking of another cat possibly and a smaller indoor dog for my son.  We’ve looked for a while, but every dog he saw that he wanted turned out to be a scam where people say they moved and will have to ship the dog – and they just keep the fees you pay.  I didn’t fall for it, but it discouraged him from looking.  Then he planned to go abroad so said he would wait til his return.  Now going abroad is kind of messed up so we’re back on the search.   Most of the dogs at the pound are pitbulls.  I want a dog to be his friend not eat him.  Just kidding. 🙂

Maybe we’ll end up with a Lola and a Lorraine.

• Joseph Manzi

15/08/2020 at 23:32

John, I had three small dogs they were great breeds. Two Toy Fox Terriers and a Papillon.

Great breeds loving dogs.

• Jung Roe

16/08/2020 at 00:04

John that was very clever renaming Lucy to Lucky with just adding a K.  Sorry to hear about Lucky, and hope you find another lovable cat.

Joe, Howard.  I guess that clears it up about Ringo Starr.  That Ringo song about the the outlaw Ringo was nice, and interesting lyrics about a star being placed on Ringo’s tombstone.

• David Herrick

16/08/2020 at 08:40

Here’s another song about a racehorse.  According to Wikipedia it goes back a couple of centuries, and was the melodic basis of John Lennon’s “Happy Xmas” song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXdQB-mR4tg

• Jung Roe

16/08/2020 at 08:54

Nice song David.  I like Peter, Paul, and Mary.  They form some great harmonies and the way they sing is stirring.   Their version of Puff the Magic Dragon was great.

Page 7 of 9

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!