MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum MLT-FAQs Favorite strings

Tagged: 

• Favorite strings

Posted by Tim Johnston on 23/08/2021 at 22:17

I am a big fan of Stevie Ray Vaughn and I don’t know if it is true or not but I read his strings were similar to piano wire. I can’t imagine your strings are that heavy. What are your favorite brand or type of strings?

Tim Johnston replied 3 years ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    23/08/2021 at 22:20

The guitar gauge Stevie Ray Vaughn used was 13, which sounds insane to most guitarists as they are extremely hard to play but reward you with a very full tone. I couldn’t play them well, as I usually play 9s and Lisa plays 10s. But we are not overly picky.

We talked about our favourite types of strings and gauges in the Q&A video at minute 5:30: https://test2.monalisa-twins.com/gear-q-a/

Have a groovy day!

We Answer Your Gear Questions – Q&A

• Tom Fones

23/08/2021 at 22:56

Stephen Stills has said that Vaughn used ‘cables’, and that he was the only one who could do it. He must have had very strong hands,

Cheers

• Darryl Boyd

23/08/2021 at 23:53

Not to mention a very beefy guitar neck. That’s a lot of strain!

• Walter Music

23/08/2021 at 23:59

Yep I heard 13’s as well. I tried one time and my hands ached after. I use 9 and 10’s now. Good question!

• Tim Johnston

24/08/2021 at 16:07

I will check out the link. I’m always looking for Christmas gifts ????. Thank you Mona!

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!