MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Favorites Solo Artist Songs

• David Herrick

21/08/2020 at 22:10

And this is my favorite solo George, but more for the video than for the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_71w4UA2Oxo

• Joseph Manzi

21/08/2020 at 23:15

Some good ones David. There so many good ones to choose. Keep them coming.

Joe

• Jung Roe

22/08/2020 at 00:39

Always liked Elton John’s stuff

https://youtu.be/DtVBCG6ThDk

• Jung Roe

22/08/2020 at 00:44

My favorite Sheryl Crow song

https://youtu.be/iY-W7EA8uB0

• Joseph Manzi

22/08/2020 at 01:17

Hey Jung, Great song Rocket Man.  Did you see that movie?

Joe

• Jung Roe

22/08/2020 at 02:47

Hey Joe!  I wasn’t aware of the Rocket man movie until you pointed it out now.  Looked it up and it came out last year.  Will check it out, thanks!

• Joseph Manzi

22/08/2020 at 03:33

Hey Jung,

It wasn’t bad. Not as good as Bohemian Rhapsody but good.  Let me know what you think.

Joe

• Joseph Manzi

22/08/2020 at 03:38
  • Joseph Manzi

22/08/2020 at 04:49
  • Jung Roe

22/08/2020 at 08:08

Joe, nice George, John, Ringo and Paul songs. I especially enjoyed the John Lennon video playing in the studio and seeing the guitar work.  Do you think any of the solo Beatles work hold a candle to the top Fab 4 songs at their height as a unified creative force like Norwegian Wood, Hey Jude, Paperback Writer, In My Life, Eleanor Rigby, While My Guitar Gently Weeps etc…?  The only one in my opinion is John Lennon’s “Imagine”, IMHO.  This topic is obviously subjective and debatable among Beatles fans.   Just curious what you think?

• Joseph Manzi

22/08/2020 at 14:38

Hey Jung,     I think they all did pretty well as soloist. John & George wrote more songs with substance and meaning. Due to the fact it was for a cause whether for peace or religion. Pretty much anything on All Things must Pass – ie Isn’t it a pity, My Sweet Lord, What is Life, All Things must pass, Hear me Lord and Beware of Darkness. Bangladesh, Not Guilty, Cracker Box Palace, This Song. The Cloud Nine cd any song ie. Devils Radio, When we were Fab, Fish on a Sand, Cloud 9. I could keep going for a long time.

John – Power to the people, Women is the  Ni__ers of the world, So This is Christmas, Jealous Guy, God, Working Class Hero , Give me some truth, Crippled Inside, Give Peace A Chance, Mind Games, Instant Karma, How do you Sleep at Night. The list goes on and on.

Paul is a different writer. He’s more Lovey Dovey. I always said he could write a number one on the toilet. Now this is me I will take John and George writing over Paul any day.

Ringo has done well for himself. He writes simple songs, but his presentation is the key. How can you not like Ringo.  It don’t come easy, I’m the Greatest John Wrote. I could go on and on here too.

They all made a ton of music on their own and a lot of money.

• Joseph Manzi

22/08/2020 at 14:46
  • Joseph Manzi

22/08/2020 at 14:47
  • Joseph Manzi

22/08/2020 at 14:49
  • Jung Roe

22/08/2020 at 21:38

Thanks Joe for you insight into John, George, Ringo and Paul’s solo career.  I’m not very savvy with the post Beatles solo artist music, so I appreciate your sharing of your knowledge on it.  Perhaps the greatest musical force after the Beatles is arguably the combined output of John,Paul,George, Ringo as solo artists.

Page 2 of 7

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!