MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Favorites Solo Artist Songs

• Joseph Manzi

25/08/2020 at 16:03

Love Like A Man

https://youtu.be/K2nsJIjF5E4

• Jacki Hopper

25/08/2020 at 16:16

Yes, Joe, ” Cloud Nine” it is, …lol…maybe around the eyes that Papa Rudi slightly ressembles Henry Winkler….
    I enjoy listening to the solo works of Alan Frew, Al (Alan) Connelly and Sam Reid ( Sam moreso for his instrumental nature series releases- Sanctuary  series), these guys are from Canadian band Glass Tiger whom are my fave Canadian rock band and whom I ‘ve met.

• David Herrick

25/08/2020 at 17:45

This one was posted once on another thread, but John Sebastian’s solo career included a number-one hit in the U.S. that was the theme song of the sitcom that launched John Travolta’s career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhzzAUaOzsk

• David Herrick

25/08/2020 at 17:50

I don’t know a lot of Sebastian’s post-Spoonful work, but I did buy a new album in the 90’s that contained this catchy little ditty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9wEb2OBR_k

• Joseph Manzi

25/08/2020 at 17:52

David,  Good song, how’s the rest of ablum?

Joe

• David Herrick

25/08/2020 at 18:30

Joe, I wouldn’t say it’s Spoonful-quality, but there are some good songs.  Besides the one I posted, I like “Smokey Don’t Go” (a tribute to Smokey Robinson) and “Night Owl Cafe” (about the venue where he played before he made it big).

You can listen to the whole album on YouTube.  It’s called “Tar Beach”.

• Joseph Manzi

25/08/2020 at 18:33

Hey David, Keep that cd.  I saw on Amazon $ 140.00 insane.

Joe

• Joseph Manzi

25/08/2020 at 18:43

David not a bad cd.  Smokey don’t go and Night Owl Cafe are really good.

You And Me Go Way Back, that harmonica sounded a little like Hey Waiter.   Is good too. I will try to see if I can get it at a cheaper price.

Will check eBay.  Thanks for the tip…

• David Herrick

25/08/2020 at 18:45

Wow, that’s amazing, Joe! I bought it on audio cassette, though.  I don’t know if that would make it more, or less, valuable.

• Joseph Manzi

25/08/2020 at 18:48

David I saw it on ebay for 9 and change with tax about 13

I think I’m gonna do it. It’s a cd.   To answer your question not sure about a cassette.

It depends on the buyer. But this is  pretty good music. I think.  Thanks again….

Joe

• Jung Roe

26/08/2020 at 11:33

Always liked this one by Paul.  Great melodic beat, nice drumming, and the song keeps playing long in my head after its over.

https://youtu.be/cOW52Odv238

• David Herrick

26/08/2020 at 15:35

I like that one too, Jung.  But I always imagine that whoever rang the bell at the beginning gave up and left sometime during the five minutes that Paul spent singing about hypothetically answering it.

• Joseph Manzi

26/08/2020 at 16:19

David – I’m being funny now. It was the Fuller Brush Man. Probably dated myself.

• David Herrick

26/08/2020 at 17:05

I had to look up that reference, Joe, but yeah, good one!  If that story is true, then the guy missed his chance to have a “brush” with greatness.

• Joseph Manzi

26/08/2020 at 18:26

David,  A Brush with greatness – A good one. Laughing so hard  my side is hurting.

Have a good one.

Joe

Page 5 of 7

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!