• David Herrick

24/03/2020 at 14:35

Quite understandable and relatable.  Perhaps you were thinking of the similarly trippy “Lidsville”, which ran from 1971-73?

• Jacki Hopper

24/03/2020 at 17:24

Lol… Yup, it’s been mentioned on here before in another thread somewheres the mention of The Banana Splits… One of my fave 70s childhood memories of TV…. And Oyf n Stuff too… Cass Elliot played Witchie-Poo on Puf n Stuff…. ??

• David Herrick

24/03/2020 at 18:20

I don’t want to come across as a Krofft know-it-all, Jacki, but Witchiepoo was played by Billie Hayes.  Cass Elliot played Witchiepoo’s rival, Witch Hazel, in the Pufnstuf movie.

As I was checking Wikipedia to make sure of that, I read that Cass lived next door to Sid Krofft at the time.

• Jacki Hopper

24/03/2020 at 18:32

Well David, Lol … My mistake,  sorry I somewhat goofed up on that… My memory not good as once was, but give me half credit, I was partially correct… Cass did play a Witch character part … I recall her playing the part, forgot it was the movie, not the TV show… Interesting fact about him being Cass’ neighbour and I remember also on TV a show featuring the Krofft puppets…..

• David Herrick

24/03/2020 at 18:55

Is the Krofft puppet show you’re thinking of “D.C. Follies”, Jacki?  If so, you’re the first person I’ve ever encountered who remembers it.  Well-known politicians and entertainers in puppet form, hanging out together at a bar:  hysterical!

• Jacki Hopper

24/03/2020 at 19:07

Lol… Could be David, but not 100% sure on it,  I do recall the show had Krofft puppets, can’t tell ya exact time frame, either in 70s/80s or what channel it was on… Maybe PBS, maybe not, remember, I’m just 2-3 hrs away from you on Canadian side… Lol… The 2 bridges I’ve crossed over to USA side the most of all the few times I’ve been over on USA side was the Ogdensburg Bridge by Cornwall /Prescott(Canada) or the 1000 Islands Ivy Lea Bridge (which I’ve always hated the most being on crossing)… Lol….

Ok, going check into here again perhaps later on tonight….

• David Herrick

24/03/2020 at 19:55

Here’s a clip that might jog your memory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g8EO5fDYMI

• Jung Roe

25/03/2020 at 22:43

Paul, I remember the Banana Splits very well.  I discovered them on TV while being sick with the Chicken pox of all things.  My playmate who lived in the same apartment had chicken pox too and gave me a few of his Banana Splits eraser toys.  I think he gave me chicken pox, but I didnt care we had a lot of fun playing with them.

Jacki, David.  This reminds me of the hilarious Reagan, Thatcher, and Gorbachev characters they did in the 80s!  I use to roll on the floor with laughter.

• Jacki Hopper

26/03/2020 at 02:11

Lol… Yup… I recall those Krofft puppet characters… On TV…

I really dug the Banana Splits???

• John Behle

27/03/2020 at 03:25

The earliest song I ever remember rocking out to was “I Want To Hold Your Hand” by some English guys 🙂    I cringe at the home video of me playing air guitar and singing at a ranch we were at in cowboy boots and cutoffs.  The next I remember is hearing “Louie Louie” on the record player eating my burger in the ski lodge.  At that age I much preferred the lodge to the cold outside.  Others were a “Gentry’s” album that my brother brought home from a trip to North Carolina.  “Keep on Dancing” was the song I most liked from them followed by “Cinnamon Girl”.   

• Jung Roe

28/03/2020 at 23:35

John, I wasn’t familiar with the Gentrys.  Their Cinnamon Girl and Keep On Dancing are nice!  See some great 60s dancing style in their Keep On Dancing video.

https://youtu.be/an5V7-va_VI

• David Herrick

28/03/2020 at 23:55

A bit of trivia (from Wikipedia, as usual):

“Keep on Dancing” is notable for the fact that it is actually one short recording repeated in order to stretch the record out to the length of the typical pop single of its day. The second part of the song (after the false fade, beginning with Gentrys drummer Larry Wall’s drum fill) is the same as the first.

• Howard

29/03/2020 at 05:48

Yes David, it’s also symptomatic of the sixties that amongst all the great music of the time there was also a plethora of very ordinary, repetitive stuff you never wanted to hear more than once. I guess it is the same with today’s music too.

• Jung Roe

30/03/2020 at 04:14

Some of the lesser known bands gave us some of the nicest little gems.

I also like Cinnamon Girl which was a Neil Young song that the Gentrys covered and turned into a small hit in the 60s.  Some nice guitar sounds.

https://youtu.be/HgUlzsBJKpw

• Jim Yahr

30/03/2020 at 14:30

Jung – One of my favorite tunes.

From the album “Everybody Knows This is Nowhere”

Page 2 of 3

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!