• Floods in Europe

Posted by Diana Geertsen on 17/07/2021 at 23:54

My heart goes out to all those affected by this disaster. I’ve only been in the club for 5 months, but feel a sense of camaraderie with everyone here. I pray our fellow club members and loved ones are safe.

Jacki Hopper replied 3 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Jacki Hopper

18/07/2021 at 02:21

I was brought to tears by seeing this on the news, and feel for them, and I too, have all in my thoughts and MLT Club Members and their families in the affected areas .

• Diana Geertsen

18/07/2021 at 05:10

Hi Jacki,

When I saw the footage of that tornado in Ontario, I immediately thought of you and had to check how close Barrie was to where you live. I’m in the Western US with all that crazy heat. The world has gone mad with all these crazy weather patterns.

Stay groovy and safe.

Diana

• Jacki Hopper

22/07/2021 at 02:49

Hi Diana, Barrie is about a 5-6 hrs drive from Ottawa but it was still devastating to see on news, Thankyou for your concern…but it did bring back memories of the devastating Tornado that hit Ottawa area a few years ago, and obliterated somewhat a neighborhood down the road from me. Tornadoes seem to be becoming a tad more common here than I’d like.

• Jung Roe

18/07/2021 at 05:33

Watching the news of the catastrophic flooding in Germany and Belgium, my heart goes out to the families affected. Whether it’s the flooding, heat wave and fires, drought, tornadoes and hurricanes, I keep hearing the common word “historic”, “unprecedented”. Climate change looks like the issue of our times.

Everyone be careful and stay safe!

• Diana Geertsen

18/07/2021 at 07:23

Hi Jung,

I was in Portland for my nephew’s wedding in the end of June and the temperature was 105°F/40°C with a forecast of 115°F/46°C. I know you live in that neck of the woods. You were also in my thoughts. I was sickened by all of the heat related deaths.

I think now more than ever, we have to seize the day and cling to all of the beautiful things in life. Music is such a big part of that!!

Stay cool (literally),

Diana

• Jung Roe

18/07/2021 at 10:34

Thanks Diana. The heat wave seems to have subsided in my area, but it’s the fires a few hours away.

Just saw the news of devastating floods unfolding in Austria around Salzburg right now. Hope everyone is OK there!

• Jeffery Ohlwine

18/07/2021 at 16:06

Yes, we’ve surely screwed up this planet, haven’t we? We now live in a world of extremes weather-wise. Wether floods, drought, extreme heat or cold, mudslides, sinkholes, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, and on and on, there’s always someone somewhere who needs our prayers. And the location and dilemma changes faster than we can offer those prayers, it seems. I pray for everyone’s safety, but in particular for my friends here in the club.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!