MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum Support & Suggestions Getting so popular that your site is bogging down?

• Getting so popular that your site is bogging down?

Posted by Steven Sharp on 07/11/2022 at 20:48

Hello! I have noticed that the MLT site response time is very slow. I realize that part of the problem is the distance between me (Kansas, USA) and your servers (Dublin, Ireland?). Is the slowness because of an increased amount of traffic on your site due to your increasing popularity? There are times when pages just time out and never load. While writing this post, the page has stopped responding five times. Anyway, I appreciate what you’re doing and I hope that the slowness is a temporary problem. Thank you!

Jung Roe replied 1 year, 10 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Jung Roe

08/11/2022 at 00:16

Hi Steven, this is a temporary issue, nothing to do with distance or volume of users, nor representative of the user experience. Everything normally works like a charm. MLT are dealing with a server problem they are working on to rectify. Hope you enjoy all the top notch rich MLT content at the MLT Club, once things return to normal. 🙂

• Roger Penn

08/11/2022 at 18:01

I have always had a very slow experience. After they improved things for the Why? release, it got much faster, but still about 400% slower than any other web site, even others hosted in the UK. Now it’s almost completely out to lunch, so I’m glad to hear it’s a current issue being worked on.

• Steven Sharp

08/11/2022 at 14:27

Thanks for the reply!

• Steven Sharp

10/11/2022 at 12:16

The site is blazing fast now, yay!

• Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    17/11/2022 at 19:01

As it turned out it was only partially a server problem but mainly a DDos attack. Fortunately we could handle both and the site is back to speed now. The DDos attack is still going but since we blocked the most important IPs and installed some firewall defense it doesn’t have much impact anymore.

• Roger Penn

17/11/2022 at 21:42

So sorry you have to deal with crap like that, but so grateful you were able to deal with it. Thanks so much for all your work, both musically and otherwise!

• Steven Sharp

17/11/2022 at 21:47

Thank you for being so diligent and for being the “George Martin” of the MonaLisa Twins!

• Jung Roe

18/11/2022 at 05:35

Rudolf, wow a DDOS attack, I never would have thought. I guess when your website starts to get big, it draws the attention of the hackers. Glad you got that resolved, thanks so much for all you do, and hope you got caught up on your sleep from all the long hours trying to resolve it.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!