MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Guess the Beatles songs by the bass lines

• David Herrick

05/05/2021 at 21:00

I only got two, where in each case the bass dominates the intro anyway. Clearly I’ve never attempted to deconstruct the instrumentation of Beatles songs.

• Jung Roe

06/05/2021 at 04:52

That was tough, I only got two. If the bass line doesn’t carry the main melody, it would be difficult to know.

• Jim Yahr

06/05/2021 at 04:53

I got them all except (of all the ones to miss) “I Want to Hold Your Hand.” But, I do infrequently play bass so I sort of knew them already. As for Paul’s bass playing, remember he played guitar before he ever played so once he got more comfortable with the bass, he got more creative.

• Lynn T. Newcomb

08/05/2021 at 03:09

Let me guess, Jung, “Come Together” and “Day Tripper”. Those were the only two I recognized. I should have got “Birthday” and “When I’m 64”. I’ll bet Lisa and Mona would do very well with this.

• Jung Roe

08/05/2021 at 10:07

Hi Lynn, yeah those two were pretty easy to pick out. I guess if you play the bass, then some of those bass lines isolated out would start to sound familiar.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!