MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion GUITAR HEAVEN…for me, that is

• GUITAR HEAVEN…for me, that is

Posted by Roger on 12/06/2019 at 11:29

I plan to figure out how to upload pictures of my guitars within this forum space/topic.  I am new to this kind of venue so be patient with me.  Lots of trial and error (probably) coming my way over the next few weeks.  I will try to post a few pictures at some point today, perhaps followed by individual pictures of various guitars on future dates.  Best Regards,  Roger

Darryl Boyd replied 4 years, 6 months ago 11 Members · 183 Replies
  • 183 Replies
  • Howard

12/06/2019 at 16:04

Hi Roger. In the Tab bar above are the editing tools. Click on the last one (Insert Image) to upload photos.

IMG_0029

• Thomas Randall

12/06/2019 at 16:53

Hi Roger,

Just click on the icon of the picture on the far right top of the box and insert the photo. For example here is a shot of my 2006 MIM Fender Tele. My “baby mine”!

MyTele_01

• Roger

12/06/2019 at 22:18

Here you go…I will give it a shot.

E1EACCB9-FB7F-46D5-BAFA-620EF25B3A47

I guess I can only upload one image per reply.  I will offer more replies….I guess.  These are my “junk room” guitars.  Some very interesting guitars, mostly Godin guitars in this picture…an Ibanez jazz, and a Taylor.  All in pristine condition.  Probably have to downsize in the near future.

• Roger

12/06/2019 at 22:27

Here is another picture of my tele and tele-like guitar’s…

9471F1AA-B61B-424C-A1AA-54A1FC93B645

A Grover Jackson custom, Fender with humbuckers, a custom made tele from McCloud Guitars out of Washington State, a custom shop 90s tele with three pickups, and a rock’n p90 loaded pick up tele.

Roger

• Roger

12/06/2019 at 22:31

My strats…

15687ACC-ECD7-414B-9147-A067D1E3804C

L to R…A newer Elite, a 40th anniversary model, and a 92 custom shop with a beautiful birds-eye maple neck.  Tired of looking yet?  Just kidding.  Roger

• Roger

12/06/2019 at 22:34

A few very nice six-string banjos…two Deerings and a Recording Kind in the middle.  Deering makes very nice banjos for the money and play smoothly…

634C41D1-0935-4CA9-8BF9-D75ED24C8856

Sorry…never thought about the sideway view result…the one on the left is electron-i-fied…the same model played by Taylor Swift in her video “Mean’…also played by Kacey Musgraves in a few of her videos.

• Roger

12/06/2019 at 22:36

Cannot neglect the Music Man and Taylor..

F24FD7D9-0291-45AA-AD8D-8C712E93D838

• Roger

12/06/2019 at 22:39

Godin A-6s…acoustic and humbucker blend…great sounding and beautiful finishes…cannot have just one!  My triplets.

1825B225-7569-402D-8649-54B126A61963

Oh…and a St. Vincent hanging out in the background just for kicks.  The mini humbuckers on the Vincent sound outstanding.  The guitar can be made to sound so different with five position switch…just an amazing sounding, albeit weird looking to some folks, guitar.  It feels great to hold and play and the necks on Music Man products….something special.

That is it for today….more to come if interested.  Have a great MLT day!  Be well everyone.  A few surprises coming in future pictures.

Roger

• Jung Roe

13/06/2019 at 01:08

Whoa!  That’s awesome Roger.  You have an impressive looking set there.  Thanks much!  Those Strats hanging on the wall just look cool.  Are the Godin triplets some of your faves in the collection?

Please do keep them coming.  I’m sure others here including Mona and Lisa I’m sure would enjoy seeing your collection.  ?

• Roger

13/06/2019 at 03:23

My favorite guitar/s….that is a tough one!  The guitars which I kind of grab the most, and of the ones I posted pictures of today…

My 40th anniversary strat…heck of a great neck!

My custom shop 90s white tele…flamed maple neck…so nice

my Earnie Ball Valentine

my KOA Godin A6…all three are great players

my Deering B6 six string banjo…the one with the pick-up….Mona/Lisa would enjoy adding that element to their music

I have several more guitars.  I plan to post pics of the rest this weekend.  Thanks for the comments.  I would love to see what others play.

It is sooooo cool using my Ipad and Yamaha software (chord tracker) to play along with the MLT!  I simply buy their albums through iTunes…bring the songs up in Chord Tracker, and the selected song plays with the MLT singing and playing, and showing the chords for me…all in real time.  Like I said…very cool and hours of fun playing along with my favorite tunes!

Roger

• Howard

13/06/2019 at 07:42

Excellent collection Roger. I especially like your banjo selection. I’ve been hoping Mona/Lisa would add that element to their music for some time now. There are many excellent ‘banjo’ themed tunes out there that would suit the Twins, including a couple of Hollies’ numbers, which I’m sure are well suited to the MLT. I’ve no doubt Lisa could easily adapt to the banjo.

Are they what you call Banjo guitars or Banjitar or Ganjo (Australia)? I saw Tony Hicks play what looked like one when the Hollies toured here recently.

• Roger

13/06/2019 at 19:05

Hi Howard,

the banjos are so nice.  My Deerings are so sweet sou ding and very easy to play…the touch it takes is much less than most acoustics.  The sound projects so nicely.  I thought the MLT approach to music is well-suited for a banjo.   These instruments are referred to in various ways.  For me, they are simply banjos.  I hope you get the chance to check one out in the future.  Roger

• Darryl Boyd

13/06/2019 at 08:24

Thanks for posting Roger.

I’ll get my lot together one day soon and post a pic.

• Roger

13/06/2019 at 19:06

Look forward to seeing your pics.  roger

• Jacki Hopper

14/06/2019 at 22:50

I have on hold at a local library branch near me…. A Banjo  to  enjoy on loan for 3 wks when it is available and ready for me to pickup…. I’m somewheres down the holding list… Going to be awhile… Never played it before but would like to frig around on it to try it out…… I did have dejembre?! drums from library to try out… Interesting sound it makes…. I had to return that as the Bongos were ready for pickup…. Only allowed to have one instrument out at a time…. Now I have a set of Bongos from library to have fun with (without getting complaints from my wheelchair bound neighbour who lives below me in her unit)… The loan of certain  music instruments from the library program is a more recent library program initiative that has has been in affect only for about a year or 2 now… I can’t hardly read music… Play by ear is more my style… Don’t know keys  I’d be doing in terms of range but if it sounds right to me, I’ll know…

In near future, I’ll try to post a photo of all my own instruments I have.

• Roger

13/06/2019 at 21:33

Here are my current acoustics, minus my Taylor KOA Baby for couch playing…

8D17A1B5-7A64-41F1-8871-872FA5460D48

L to R.  Takamine parlor, Takamine P7, Taylor 916ce, Epi E160 JLennon, Epi EJ200

Just finished jamming with a friend and used both Epi’s while playing a few Beatles classics from their first LP.  Fun afternoon when you can do that.  Time to sit back and listen to a few MLT numbers.

Roger

• Michael Rife

14/06/2019 at 06:28

OK……here are my acoustic “kids”.  Glad Roger took the lead on this one.

20190430_130228

On the bottom from left to right are: Breedlove E/A, Takamine E/A, Gibson J-45 E/A, Gibson Hummingbird E/A, Dean Resonator E/A, Crafter Acoustic, Washburn Acoustic, 1979 Guild Acoustic, Martin DX-12 Acoustic, Martin D-35 Acoustic, Martin Roadmaster E/A, and Martin DX-12 E/A.  Missing in action is a Dean 6 string banjo and a 1978 Fender F-35 Acoustic (it’s my autograph guitar and contains autographs of Poco, PPL, NGDB, Peter Asher, Jeremy Clyde).

• Roger

14/06/2019 at 12:42

Just a funny side on your picture…could not help but notice the backdrop and a ceiling light you have….hmmmm.  Looks vaguely familiar…..

8440D646-5472-4877-98F4-02D2C6BD94EE

• Michael Rife

14/06/2019 at 17:53

Wow!!  Good eyes.  It is so strange we both have this unusual light fixture.  Mike.

• Michael Rife

14/06/2019 at 06:35

And here are my electric “kids”.

20190430_134347

From bottom left to right:  Fender Telecaster, Gibson SG, Gibson LP Jr., Gibson ES-335, Fender Strat, Godin Fifth Avenue, Rick 330, Gretsch White Falcon, Gretsch “Baby Jet”, and Fender Mandolin E/A.

• Roger

14/06/2019 at 12:48

…and the light’s big brother…

9670F09A-3799-408A-B1FE-532D98B145CF

Source…a television shopping channel…this is what happens when a person has too much time on his or her hands…..shopping for guitars and these kinds of things ?  Not related to MLT, but an interesting sidenote all the same!  Just more proof that great minds think alike!

Roger

• Michael Rife

14/06/2019 at 18:02

Our light came with the house.  When we bought the house, the light was already there.  I don’t know much about the history of the house, but the house was build in 1984 and the light may have been picked out by the first owners.  But, it is so strange that we both have this unusual light fixture.  Mike.

• Roger

15/06/2019 at 10:28

Michael,

A Godin Fifth Ave.!  Flat French finish?  They are beautiful instruments.  I am always amazed at how Godins are not well-recognized as great guitars.  I actually have owned quite a few over the years…not a bad one in the lot.  They are known for their consistent craftsmanship and for their necks.  I will try to capture a pic of all my Godins.  I use a Roland GR55 (guitar synth) with a couple to make the coolest sounds, even some weird ones…but all fun.  I have a Godin jazz player that they stopped crafting about twenty years ago.  Heavy beast, but what a neck!  One thing that I love about a few of my Godins is that they incorporate a boost button near the tone and volume controls…adds a punch when it is your turn to power through with a lead rift…handy.

Nice couple of Gretsch guitars…those Falcons are sweet looking guitars.  My only Gretsch is a Cliff Gallup jet with a fixed Bigsby.  Have never gotten used to the fixed arm…I am in discussions with a pro-shop about replacing it with a Duane Eddy arm.  I noted what Lisa did with her jet-DSV’s fixed arm…the Dusenberg system looks cool, but I fear I may have to end up drilling holes or doing something else that impacts its finish…no way!  I should try to find out what Lisa had to do to get her Dusenberg system onto her DSV.

Take care,

Roger

• Michael Rife

15/06/2019 at 12:06

Roger;

I agree about the Godin.  My 5th Ave. was my “go-to” guitar for awhile.  It is so versatile and has a sneaky powerful sound…….also my LP Jr. is too big for most venues we play.  The White Falcon is such a sweet guitar it gives a sound that is just so pure.  That one and my Rick 330 are at the top of my list for nice sounds.

Mike

• Jung Roe

14/06/2019 at 07:18

Holy smokes Roger and Mike!  thumbup  Your guitars are magnificent.  Instruments are really works of art aren’t they.  I remember when I got my Baldwin upright acoustic piano many years ago after trying to learn the piano on an electronic keyboard, I just fell in love with it.  My baby mine back then, and I still have it, though it needs some serious tuning I think.  It’s not a high end piano by any means in the grand scheme of things, but the craftsmanship and detail that went into every part of it, the woodwork, the steel strings, felt tipped hammers, sound board etc just always impresses me just as your wonderful guitars there do.

• Michael Rife

14/06/2019 at 11:38

Thanks, Jung;

Speaking for myself, and maybe for Roger,………. we just might have issues….  But, then the perfect number of guitars for the guitarist is always at least one more than what we have.  However, I can honestly say that I have all that I can use to play almost any of my favorite styles.…..and I’m actually looking to give away a few of them….hopefully to young players just getting started.  Mike.

• Roger

14/06/2019 at 12:15

Issues?????  What issues?  ?.  I do not have a clue what you are talking about!  ?

Roger

• Michael Rife

14/06/2019 at 17:57

Just kidding!!  It is just one of those things that characterize guitarists….we are always planning for the next guitar!!

• Roger

15/06/2019 at 10:35

You should post a pic of your piano.  I have a Yamaha Clavinova 609…what a dream machine!  I have to get into more lessons.  I may have to unload it since it really does not get played much…it needs to be in the hands of someone who might better appreciate it.  The sounds it can make…wow!  Check out YouTube to see folks play one of them.  There is a man from the Netherlands who is a fantastic player…he makes his 609 sing!  Roger

• Michael Rife

15/06/2019 at 12:10

OK.  Maybe later I will post a pic of the piano and keyboard.  We have one upright piano and an electric keyboard.  But, my wife is the piano/keyboard player of the family.  She also has a couple of violins, a viola, and an upright electric cello.  Also, I have a lap steel guitar to do the country part of country-rock.

Mike

Page 1 of 7

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!