MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum Introduce Yourself Guten Tag from Northern Ohio

• Guten Tag from Northern Ohio

Posted by Kenneth W. Wenninger on 15/10/2019 at 03:10

Like many of us here, I happened by chance to catch the MonaLisa Twins playing “Drive My Car” on YouTube and was smitten. “I Saw Her Standing There” was next and before too long it was time to order their CDs.

There is an energy evident in the live performance videos that is infectious. It is clear it must be great fun to play music with Mona and Lisa—and apparent they are enjoying themselves. This is what it must have been like seeing the Beatles perform at the height of their powers.

I grew up with 80s music (including Falco’s “Rock Me Amadeus”) but have always gravitated to guitars and harmonies.

As an amateur guitar and ukulele player who has come to terms with the reality I will never make it in the music world, it is nice to see your family doing what they love and loving what they do.

Keep up the great work, Twins and family.

Ken

Kenneth W. Wenninger replied 4 years, 11 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Howard

15/10/2019 at 04:56

Guten Tag, Ken. You are in good company here in the MLT Club. Welcome!

• Jacki Hopper

15/10/2019 at 18:29

Hi there Ken, a Groovy MLTBuzzing Welcome to you, do enjoy it here!

• Jung Roe

17/10/2019 at 06:51

Welcome to the MLT Club Ken.  Really glad you joined us here.

• John Behle

19/10/2019 at 05:24

Welcome Kenneth!   My sentiments exactly.   The very same video grabbed me and never let go.   Video after video it just got better and better.   What they do on stage is infectious and what they do in the studio is magical.

• Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    20/10/2019 at 13:38

Guten Tag from Liverpool, Ken!

Welcome in the Club and thank you so much for popping in and introducing yourself.

We love how music brings together people from different generations! That Falco comment made us laugh out loud 😉

The 80’s were never the time for guitars and harmonies, and we guess neither is today but thankfully there is the internet and YouTube, so we can all connect regardless!

We hope you’ll enjoy it here and send groovy greetings!

• Kenneth W. Wenninger

21/10/2019 at 13:40

Thanks for the welcome, Lisa and all.

Even though the 80s were unusual musically, there are still some gems.  I know you receive numerous requests to cover songs.  The other morning “Play the Game” by Queen worked into my head.  I thought you girls would do an amazing job with that.  Then again, I would enjoy listening to you sing the phone book.

I know this idea is more for the forum, but I have been thinking about music from different genres that would sound fantastic with the MonaLisa Twins treatment.  As if you don’t have enough to keep you busy already.

Ken

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!