MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Hand writing of the legends

• Hand writing of the legends

Posted by Jung Roe on 07/01/2020 at 07:15

There is something very personal and special with a person’s handwriting.  As more written correspondence is done digitally these days, something handwritten by a person’s own hand I think adds intrinsic meaning or value to what is written.

Here are some handwritten lyrics by some legendary song writers.

Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan hand written lyrics

Jung Roe replied 4 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 24 Replies
  • 24 Replies
  • Jung Roe

07/01/2020 at 07:16

Brian Wilson

Brian Wilson handwritten lyrics

• Jung Roe

07/01/2020 at 07:17

Paul McCartney

Paul McCartney hand written lyrics

• Jung Roe

07/01/2020 at 07:18

John Lennon

John Lennon handwritten lyrics for Imagine

• Jung Roe

07/01/2020 at 07:19

John Lennon handwritten lyrics for In My Life

John Lennon

• Jung Roe

07/01/2020 at 07:27

Bob Dylan writing

Apparently Bob Dylan is quite the talented visual artist too, like Mona and Lisa.  In 2018 they did an art exhibition in London of some of Dylan’s sketches, paintings, and sculptures…..and perhaps appreciates nice pens too ?

• Jung Roe

07/01/2020 at 07:30

Here is a link to an article about Bob Dylan’s artwork and exhibition.

https://www.vogue.com/article/bob-dylan-drawings-new-lyrics-mondo-scripto-gallery-show

• Howard

07/01/2020 at 12:05

That’s an interesting look into the living creations of artists/musicians in the past. I wonder how many contemporary artists still use note books and pens for jotting down their thoughts and inspirations. We know that a young Mona did from her “Won’t You ListenNow” video clip. I wonder if she ever got to date that young man with the big woolly dog!

• Jung Roe

09/01/2020 at 08:44

I think many artists/song writers still do hand write their ideas with pen and notebook.  I’ve heard of some authors/writers do their first draft by hand pen and paper.  Here we team MLT constantly capturing ideas and inspiration via pen and paper.

https://youtu.be/uzt0AtpcLaE

• Jacki Hopper

10/01/2020 at 01:08

I like seeing handwritten lyrics and doodles, etc from the musicians or artists or whomever in creativity field of things, it gives glimpses into their personalities, feelings, etc. it would be interesting to have had if it hadn’t been done already, the handwritten analysis of all Beatles, other musicians, etc. Being a visual learner/person, to see the handwriting and doodles, makes me grasp the personality concepts of the individual more effectively than just a plain description would do.  Just a thought, as I’m interested in Handwriting Analysis stuff…

• Jung Roe

10/01/2020 at 05:12

Jacki, Howard, I like this little video, “The Poetry of Pen and Ink”, that indulge a little in that hand drawn creativity with a fountain pen.   If the elegance of using ink and pen can evoke creativity from you, then it is worth it, just like expression through art and music with paint brush and instrument.

https://youtu.be/-e4MyVZlWkg

• Jung Roe

10/01/2020 at 07:58

For the creative process, which is better, hand writing or going digital.  Here is an article that gives some insight from famous writers on this question.  One common point they all make is that the slowness of handwriting results in a more polished first draft.

https://writersedit.com/fiction-writing/handwriting-going-digital-changing-times-famous-authors/

• Jacki Hopper

10/01/2020 at 22:19

I enjoyed both of these videos Jung, Thankyou for sharing…. It ‘s certainly nice for for me to now found a new confidence and creative outlet and tool for me to expand my creativity horizons upon with…. I’ m noticing with the FP that my  somewhat arthitic hand/fingers seem to be more relaxed using the FP than with pen/pencil…

• Jung Roe

11/01/2020 at 09:45

Hi Jacki, I’m really glad you enjoy the fountain pen and find it beneficial.  For long writing sessions, I find I don’t get hand cramp with a fountain pen because you are not constantly pressing down as you write with a ball point.  The ink can flow from the fountain pen nib onto the paper with minimal pressure, in fact just the weight of the pen should do it.  I also enjoy all the variety of ink colors that are available.  I like the precise and tactile feel of the nib as it makes contact with the paper gliding across the page, and the precise strokes you can make like carving letters with a blade.  The flow of liquid ink onto the paper as you write feels natural and in line with the flow of thoughts onto the page.  I also like the wet ink tail the fountain pen leaves as you write.  This is how music was written by the great composers and only up to as recently as 60 years ago before ball points.

• Jung Roe

18/01/2020 at 20:03

There is nothing that represents the unique individuality of people more than their signatures:

Autograph Sting

• Jung Roe

18/01/2020 at 20:04

autograph elton john

Page 1 of 2

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!