MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum MLT-FAQs Have you ever thought about do a cover of a Pink Floyd song

• Have you ever thought about do a cover of a Pink Floyd song

Posted by Sergio on 29/01/2020 at 01:02

Hi Mona and Lisa, I’m curious if you ever try to do a Pink Floyd’ song or if you like their music, I think you would do perfect acoustic version of “Brain damage” and “eclipse”

Regards from Mexico 😀

Tom Westley replied 4 years, 6 months ago 9 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    29/01/2020 at 01:02

Hi Sergio!

Funny you should say that … we might possibly have a Pink Floyd cover coming out in the Club soon 😉 The song choice will stay a secret for now though!

We’ve been wanting to cover some Pink Floyd for years! In 2013 we were lucky enough to see Roger Water’s redo of “The Wall” in Vienna and it was unreal. Now we’re on the lookout for a David Gilmour live show in the UK  😉

Anyway, stay tuned and thanks for the question!

• Howard

29/01/2020 at 06:03

That’s really great to hear Mona. Now what could it be?  So much of their music would be difficult to cover I’d imagine. Any hints please? Like is it one of their very early numbers or something more recent?

For some reason I think your father would have been a big Pink Floyd fan!

• Jung Roe

29/01/2020 at 08:40

Any Pink Floyd cover by you is going to be awesome Mona.  Great news!

My favorite Pink Floyd is Comfortably Numb.  Love those howling guitar riffs.  This song makes the spirit soar.

• Jacki Hopper

30/01/2020 at 02:15

I like… The Wall…. Lol

• Howard

30/01/2020 at 03:17

Yes, great number Jacki, but can you imagine Mona and Lisa trying to recreate that one. Wouldn’t be a duo session. LOL!

• Darryl Boyd

30/01/2020 at 12:26

Wish You Were Here is my guess. What’s the prize? 🙂

• David Herrick

31/01/2020 at 03:20

“Wish You Were Here” sounds like a likely choice to me too.  If it were on vinyl, I’d hope for a whimsical B-side like Syd’s “Bike” song.

• Jung Roe

02/02/2020 at 06:27

David Gilmour with Lisa’s Gretsch Duo Jet.  I can just imagine an awesome MLT Pink Floyd cover!

David Gilmour with Gretsch Duo Jet

• Paul Steinmayer

02/02/2020 at 15:58

Could you imagine Gilmour doing a guest spot with Mona and Lisa?  OMG that would be so amazing… and I bet he would too (He’s such a sweet and inviting person)!  Gilmour also played on McCartney’s Run Devil Run.

I think Wish You Were Here is an obvious choice, but I’m guessing that an earlier song is what’s in store.  Like maybe Free Four, Fearless, or maybe Jugband Blues.  I’m sure what ever you do, it’s going to be absolutely incredible!!!

• Tom Westley

21/03/2020 at 14:51

I would have thought St Tropez off of Meddle would be a great fit.

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!