MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum MLT-FAQs Have you heard the little-known story behind a beloved McCartney song?

• Have you heard the little-known story behind a beloved McCartney song?

Posted by Joe Skoczylas on 17/06/2020 at 21:42

The Little-known Origins of a Famous McCartney Song: It was 1970 at Paul’s rustic Scots farm. It was a beautiful night with a full moon floating over the lovely landscape. His dear wife and children were sleeping peacefully. Bearded old Peat Boggs, Paul’s trusted gamekeeper/caretaker was last to turn in after making sure all was right in their little paradise. Now it was just Paul on the porch swing, with Martha lying contentedly at his feet. As the soft wind gently wafted the sweet spring scents over the heather Paul stroked Martha and gazed at the huge low-hanging moon….and felt his Muse coming upon him….He was peering into the future at a lovely long-haired sweetly singing songbird whose guitar warbled sweet harmonies and counter melodies alongside her. Suddenly, the words just flowed from his heart and took voice “La la la, la la. la lovely Lisa, with the lovely flowers in her hair…..la la la, la la la Lovely Lisa, with the lovely flowers in her hair” So simple but somehow sweetly satisfying. He couldn’t shake the feeling his muse was somehow a reality of the future. He couldn’t wait for morning so he could share his song with his soul-mate. He sat beside her and gently woke her, but not wanting her to misunderstand he sang Lovely Linda, Lovely Linda. She loved her song. As the busy decades flew he lost his Lovely Linda. ,And once or twice. over the years, Paul would fleetingly recall the vision of his muse, still with the premonition she was real and they would meet.
    Flash forward to 2015. Paul was in Liverpool. He wore shades and theatrical mustache. He felt drawn strongly to the reconstructed Cavern Club but he wanted to go unrecognized so as not to disturb the performers. As he got closer he heard
    the sweet harmonies of “God Only Knows” which inspired him to write “Here, There and Everywhere”. It was as good as the
    Beach Boys! He hurried down the long stairs just as they launched into a great version of one of his songs! Then they knocked the No. 1 he wrote for Peter and Gordon out of the park! The stage came into view, he looked up…and there she was, his muse! The number ended and she introduced her equally talented…twin(!), Mona, and she said I’m…Lisa! Right before he went up to introduce himself he called George Martin’s son and told him to get the Abbey Road studios he used with the Beatles ready for him and the MonaLisa Twins. And that is the untold story of McCartney’s Lovely (Lisa) Linda song.

Stephen Krogh replied 4 years, 3 months ago 6 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    17/06/2020 at 21:42

That made me chuckle, thanks for the read! 🙂

• Jung Roe

17/06/2020 at 22:01

Wow, that was a beautiful story Joe!

• Jacki Hopper

19/06/2020 at 00:00

Awesome Joe, !!

• Richard Raighn

20/06/2020 at 13:22

I enjoyed that Joe thank you

• Stephen Krogh

20/06/2020 at 17:54

That’s great Joe! You really had me going at the start because I was expecting non-fiction.

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!