MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum Introduce Yourself Hello from Mississippi, USA

• Hello from Mississippi, USA

Posted by Timothy Mccowan on 10/01/2021 at 21:11

Hi. I joined in November 2020 and participated in the Advent Calendar but just now getting around to the whole MLT Club site (which is great) and saw this Introduce Yourself section in the forum. I live in central Mississippi (grew up in Arkansas) and work in the medical profession. I saw the Beatles when they first appeared on tv (ouch, I’m old) and really have fond musical memories of this era. I gravitate to jazz and classical overall, but I like all kinds of good music and MLT is great music, so I’ve been listening to them quite a bit lately. A lot of the songs in the 60’s and 70’s (maybe a little of the 80’s) formed the “soundtrack” of much of my formative years. Memories come flooding back when I hear those songs. There is something amazing about MLT covers, unlike almost all the others, that captures not just the notes but the feel and essence of the originals, makes them alive, and brings back the same memories. Found MLT randomly surfing music on the internet. There are a lot of really good musicians and bands out there, but MLT is easily in the top 1% – the whole package, talent and personality. And I love that they are an independent family enterprise. I got hooked on MLT for their covers, but the more I listen to their originals (and I’ve listened to them a lot), all I can say is WOW. This is top quality stuff, both musically and lyrically. I also really like their music videos (maybe a reflection of being around when MTV first started – before whatever it’s become now). MLT videos are so good, I consider MLT visual artists as well (acting careers?). Anyway, sorry for the long post. I really enjoy being a member of the MLT Club (what a bargain) and seeing all the posts from the other members. Best regards.

Tom Fones replied 3 years, 7 months ago 9 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Jung Roe

10/01/2021 at 23:38

Hi Tim, welcome to the Club, really glad you joined, and hope you really enjoy it here.  Enjoyed reading your post.  Isn’t their latest video “Walking In the Air” incredible.  MLT just keep pushing the envelope and continue to impress with every new thing they do.  MLT have revived music for me indeed since I discovered them, they are incomparable in their talent and beautiful music they create both originals and covers.

• Johnnypee Parker

11/01/2021 at 00:52

Hey, Tim.
    The Advent Calendar was pretty kool.  It was fun watching everyone interact each day.

I agree with you about their originals.  I think a lot of us started with the covers, but I dove into their original work, and that was all I wanted to hear.  I am looking forward to the next release.

JP

• Joseph Manzi

11/01/2021 at 01:30

Welcome Tim,

My name is Joe,

I too live in the states. I lived in Texas for 19 years and I am currently living in New Jersey.

Well welcome again to the club. Looking forward to getting to know you.

• Refugio Arellano

11/01/2021 at 23:50

Welcome Tim.

best regards

• Jacki Hopper

12/01/2021 at 00:42

Hey There Tim, Gidday to you, and an #MLTBuzzLuvGroovified  Welcome to you here !! Glad you’re  a member and enjoy all the offerings on here, and the Groovy Commaraderie amongst all the members here, as we’re  all Globally scattered but united with our enthusiasm  and appreciation for Team MLT and what their  music means for/to us,  for the individuals that they are, their creativity  and other gifts they were blessed bestowed  upon with ☮

PS.. I look forward  to more postings from you !

• Howard

12/01/2021 at 06:01

Welcome to the best club on the planet Timothy. I live Downunder in Brisbane, Australia. I share your feelings for Mona and Lisa. They have definitely breathed new life into so many of my old favourites, and do it in the most beautiful way, and then take it even further with their own fabulous originals.

You’ll enjoy being a member.

• Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    22/02/2021 at 15:39

Hi Timothy!
    Thanks for that super kind “hello” – we’re so happy that you are enjoying what we’re doing and that you came across our music last year! Thanks for sticking around even after the Advent Calendar 🙂
    We appreciate all the compliments and send all the best to Mississippi. The state that Elvis was from, right? I hope we’ll get to visit one day!
    Hope you’re having a groovy week!

• Tom Fones

22/02/2021 at 18:02

Welcome Tim/Timothy

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!