MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum Introduce Yourself Hello from Phoenix Arizona!

• Hello from Phoenix Arizona!

Posted by James Crowe on 31/10/2020 at 16:45

Like many in the group (I suspect), I grew up with the music of the 60s and 70s. I can remember the first time I heard classic songs like Eleanor Rigby, Good Vibrations, Mr. Blue Sky, or California Dreaming on the radio and marveled at the incredible vocal harmonies and complexity of the music. I was also very into the singer song-writer set like James Taylor, Don McLean, Carol King, and Neil Young. Discovering new music has always been a big part of my life, but it’s been a bit of a wasteland lately. I’ve discovered a few new groups over the years (especially Nickel Creek and Punch Brothers), but none as amazing to me as MLT! I enjoy the covers, but the originals are what really impress me. It’s great to see the influences of the 60s style being freshened up in such great new music. The proof to me is that for the first time in a couple decades, I have a new album—Orange—on constant replay. Not a bad song on it.

I’m looking forward to exploring the Club and sharing this incredible talent with all of you.

James Crowe

Rudolf Wagner replied 3 years, 9 months ago 7 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Joseph Manzi

31/10/2020 at 17:28

Hi James from Arizona,

I’m Joe and live in New Jersey. Welcome to the club. Looking forward to interacting with you on topics and music. Yea the Mona, Lisa Twins are great. Not sure if you know they are coming out with a two cd of their last show at The Cavern Club. You can check some of the videos on them. By going to Club Music in orange on top. Click on it and then choose at the drop down Live At The Cavern Club.  Enjoy the videos.

Joe

• Jung Roe

31/10/2020 at 20:14

A big warm welcome James, so glad you joined, and loved reading what you wrote.  Couldn’t agree more with all you said!  Hope you have a great time here discovering all things MLT.  🙂

• Johnnypee Parker

31/10/2020 at 21:16

Hi James,  I live in upstate New York, about two hours north of NYC in the Catskills.  There is a lot of exploring to do here.  I’ve been here for a few months and I am still finding new gems.

As Joe pointed out, the Cavern videos are awesome.  I would like to recommend you go to Specials – Out and About – and watch the Skydiving video.  It has some great footage with an awesome soundtrack.  Everything here is awesome.

We are all looking forward to receiving the new double cd of the Cavern Show.  One benefit of membership to this groovy club is that you can stream everything through the Jukebox.

Have you found the Duo Session of “She’s Leaving Home”?  It’s one of my favs.  There is also a radio show where they did that song.  The stripped down version is amazing.

This forum has a lot wonderful people here from here, there and everywhere.

JP

• Refugio Arellano

31/10/2020 at 22:00

Hi James, welcome to the best club.
    Here you will find everything related to the work of Mona and Lisa from its beginnings to the present which is great, also the partners make very interesting comments about music and bands.

Greetings from Mexicali Baja California

• Jacki Hopper

01/11/2020 at 05:51

Gidday Eh there James, glad to meet you, enjoyed your Intro…I hail from Ottawa, Canada way….Been #MLTBuzzLuvGroovified  going on 13 yrs myself….Welcome and enjoy what all The MLT Club offers, and getting to know other club members, look forward  to your future postings .

• Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    02/12/2020 at 05:03

Welcome to the Club, James and greetings to Phoenix, Arizona! Thanks for joining us and all the other folks who’ve already said hello 🙂
    We’re glad you like ORANGE so much! We’re currently working on the next original album … fingers crossed you’ll like it just as much!
    Enjoy your time here and always stay groovy!

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!