• Posted by Joël Barrault on 09/03/2020 at 13:11

I am Joël, a “frenchy” one in case of others …They kindly call me “Jojo” sometimes.

The profile photo is not of my cat or friend, it’s me! ?

I live in south of France, in the mountains above Nice, in the southern french Alps where I work as mountain guide. I lived one year in the UK, north of London, but you weren’t there (yet). Went to Austria couple of times for cross country skiing treks in Tyrol mountains and near the border of Slovenia. Loved it.

While recently searching on You Tube, looking for “I Saw Her Standing There” by the Beatles, one of my favourite bands, I accidentally clicked on the Mona Lisa Twins version.  So happy accident! Started to listen! Hooked up the next minute! Then quickly started to dive into MLT journey…and universe.

Hard to say which is my favourite MLT song. Too many. Perhaps “God Only Knows”, one of the first MLT songs I could listen to: the best cover for me of one of my favourite songs from Mr genius Brian Wilson and the Boys. What, just a guitar, a ukulele (perfectly sustained by “Mr Dad’s” bass guitar I guess), and 2 incredible voices can do!! It was mesmerizing. Refined rawness, pure jewel. Yes yes!

But also ” Snow Falls Softly at Night”, “I’ll Follow the Sun”, ” Baby’s in Black”, and the late incredibly beautiful “Till There Was You”. I love also “That’s Life”, “June”. Too hard to choose.

I also listen to Blues, good ol’rock’n’roll, and …Gregorian Chant, yes yes.

As a kid I have played violin, then as teenager, I was lead guitar in a band, it was during the incredible 60’s 70’s era. I recently learned to play a bit Ukulele while sailing last year, across the Atlantic Ocean.

One last word: Dear Mona & Lisa, Please Please “STAY TWINNED” and have no doubt about it “WE’LL STAY TUNED”…AND GROOVY . Promise?? Promise!!

Thomas Randall replied 4 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Howard

09/03/2020 at 14:23

Hi Joël. Welcome to the club, you’ll enjoy being a member. It’s nice to have another Frenchman join, especially one whose English is so good. I too found the Twins by accident while searching YouTube videos. What an amazing experience it was to discover them.

Nice to meet you.

• Jung Roe

09/03/2020 at 19:16

Welcome to the Club Joel, enjoyed reading what you wrote.  God Only Knows is also one of my favorite covers of theirs, truly magnificent how MLT transformed that song!  It sounds like you live in a beautiful area in the mountains.  Where I am in Canada, we have Whistler (about 100 KM away) where many of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics events were held, and it’s an awesome drive into the mountains.  I imagine where you are it’s probably even more spectacular!

• Jacki Hopper

09/03/2020 at 23:05

Hi Joel from another Canadian MLT fan, Bonjour, Comme on ca va?!… Nice to meet you and enjoyed reading your intro…. I’ve been MLTBuzzing for 13 years now…. I too, found them by happy accident on YouTube searching for decent cover of “California Dreamin”, was immediately in awe and impressed by, and from that day onwards…. I still am in awe and impressed!!

• Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    17/03/2020 at 22:02

Bonjour Jojo,

What a nice “hello” – thanks a lot, we’re happy to see you here!

Living in the alps must be beautiful and soothing for the soul. We grew up in the flattest part of Austria but spent our winters skiing in Salzburg, so we fell in love with the beauty of the mountains early on. We’ve not made it to France yet (other than driving through on the motorway) but we are sure it’s only a matter of time!

Thanks for deciding to support our music by joining the Club. We’re currently working on a couple of videos that are quite different to what we’ve uploaded here in the past, so the upcoming couple of months will be especially exciting for us 🙂

We’re always staying twinned … and try our best with the groovy 🙂 The same to you!
    Mona & Lisa

• Thomas Randall

18/03/2020 at 00:09

Hi Joël and welcome from New York! You’re going to love it here!

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!