MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Hope for the future and new discoveries

• David Herrick

16/01/2022 at 19:30

This is pretty consistent with current mainstream scientific thought, Juergen. But our understanding of the universe evolves much faster than the universe itself, and in a few decades at most this video will require substantial revisions, especially for events in the deep future.

Really fascinating video, though. You don’t see nearly as much stuff out there about the distant future of the universe as about the distant past, in part because we don’t have nearly as many observations to constrain our notions.

• Jung Roe

18/01/2022 at 05:36

That’s an amazing video Jurgen, “Time Lapse of the (very, very distant) Future”. Black Hole era, Zombie stars….It’s an interesting concept that at extreme entropy (chaos) where the universe is headed, time loses it’s meaning. I have tend to agree with the “multiverse” theory. The universe also dies, like stars, but there are many universes that are born. Just like there are billions of galaxies like our Milky Way, why not billions of universes. That’s what I would have done if I was the grand architect. ???? I guess time will tell in the distant future, but maybe not if time will have no meaning like that one theory. Well whatever happens, we still have time to get it right in our little blue dot.

• Jung Roe

18/01/2022 at 06:26

In 2008 to commemorate NASA’s 50 year anniversary and 40 years birthday of the Beatles “Across the Universe”, NASA broadcasted this song out across the universe.

https://youtu.be/aYrGBB3kdM8

NASA Beams Beatles’ ‘Across the Universe’ Into Space (2008)

For the first time ever, NASA beamed a song – The Beatles’ “Across the Universe” – directly into deep space at 7 p.m. EST on Feb. 4.

The transmission over NASA’s Deep Space Network commemorated the 40th anniversary of the day The Beatles recorded the song, as well as the 50th anniversary of NASA’s founding and the group’s beginnings. Two other anniversaries also are being honored: The launch 50 years ago this week of Explorer 1, the first U.S. satellite, and the founding 45 years ago of the Deep Space Network, an international network of antennas that supports missions to explore the universe.

The transmission was aimed at the North Star, Polaris, which is located 431 light years away from Earth. The song will travel across the universe at a speed of 186,000 miles per second. Former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney expressed excitement that the tune, which was principally written by fellow Beatle John Lennon, was being beamed into the cosmos.

“Amazing! Well done, NASA!” McCartney said in a message to the space agency. “Send my love to the aliens. All the best, Paul.”

Lennon’s widow, Yoko Ono, characterized the song’s transmission as a significant event.
    “I see that this is the beginning of the new age in which we will communicate with billions of planets across the universe,” she said.

It is not the first time Beatles music has been used by NASA; in November 2005, McCartney performed the song “Good Day Sunshine” during a concert that was transmitted to the International Space Station (› Related Story). “Here Comes the Sun,” “Ticket to Ride” and “A Hard Day’s Night” are among other Beatles’ songs that have been played to wake astronaut crews in orbit.

Feb. 4 has been declared “Across The Universe Day” by Beatles fans to commemorate the anniversaries. As part of the celebration, the public around the world has been invited to participate in the event by simultaneously playing the song at the same time it is transmitted by NASA. Many of the senior NASA scientists and engineers involved in the effort are among the group’s biggest fans.

“I’ve been a Beatles fan for 45 years – as long as the Deep Space Network has been around,” said Dr. Barry Geldzahler, the network’s program executive at NASA Headquarters, Washington. “What a joy, especially considering that ‘Across the Universe’ is my personal favorite Beatles song.”

Last Updated: Aug 7, 2017
    Editor: NASA Content Administrator

• David Herrick

18/01/2022 at 07:20

For those who want to savor the end of the universe for eight hours, here’s a version of the “timelapse of the future” video slowed down by a factor of 16:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6_eSkxqLY4

• Jürgen

18/01/2022 at 08:49

Good idea David. I just prepared a big plate of sandwiches („Schnittchen“), made two pots of strong coffee, locked the front door and turned off the phone. I will start the journey right now. If you don’t hear from me again, I took a wrong turn somewhere between Betelgeuse, Rigel and Aldebaran. So long.

• Tom Fones

18/01/2022 at 12:50

Juergen,

be sure to wriiiiite!!!

• Jung Roe

18/01/2022 at 09:04

I have a feeling towards the 8th hour of that video there is a giant black hole that nothing can escape including the viewer.????

• Jürgen

18/01/2022 at 10:14

Oh dear. That doesn’t sound good, Jung. I’ve had some bad experiences with black holes in my life. There’s one in my wallet, all my money always disappears. And another one is in my right sock. It’s always following me around and threatening to engulf me.

• Jung Roe

25/01/2022 at 04:16

James Webb Space Telescope has arrived at it’s final orbital destination 1.5 million KM away. May the Janitor Joe exploration of the Cosmos begin.

https://youtu.be/mALgabdaWEU

• Jung Roe

14/07/2022 at 04:48

Space exploration started in a significant way in 1961 with the launch of the first human into space by the Russians, and then in 1969 the USA land the first human on the moon (Apollo 12 Mission). Interestingly the 60s is considered the most creative and innovative decades of the 20th century. From music to space exploration.

What were people listening to? In 1961 the Marvelettes released “Please Mr Postman”, Elvis release “Are you Lonesome Tonight”, and in 1969 the Beatles released “Get Back” “Come Together” and “Something”.

Fast forward 60 years, and the James Webb Telescope is sending the first images of the most outer reaches of the universe, the boundaries of the universe from the beginning of time. In 2022, Mona and Lisa are creating amazing new music for the future, one masterpiece after another, “Songbird”, “Questionable”, “Jump Ship”…..

https://youtu.be/1C_zuHf6lP4

• David Herrick

16/07/2022 at 03:15

I remember the side-by-side comparisons of the first Hubble images (after installation of the corrective optics package) with the best ground-based images of the same targets, and was blown away by the massive improvement in resolution.

With that in mind, I was initially underwhelmed by the JWST / Hubble “deep field” comparison: it didn’t seem all that much better. Then I realized that JWST acquired that image in a matter of hours, whereas Hubble’s image was the result of weeks of integration time.

So JWST will be able to image lots of regions of the sky with the same quality as the most extreme Hubble views, and to reserve its longest exposures to bring out interesting details on objects that only show up as faint smudges in those shorter exposures. It should be a fascinating journey!

• Jung Roe

16/07/2022 at 07:53

Hi David. It sounds like with the JWST it’s a lot quicker and easier to capture images of the distant stars and galaxies than the Hubble. I hear the JWST by virtue of being deeper into space away from the affects of the earth it can detect wave signatures of the universe beginnings that is not possible with the Hubble, as well as details of distant planets, stars and galaxies, and it’s atmosphere that has never been seen before. It’s mind boggling those images both the JWST and Hubble picks up are images of the past that light took millions of years to travel to get to us.

A couple of days ago I snapped these shots of the super moon from my room with my version of the James Webb camera.

Page 4 of 4

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!