• David Herrick

01/11/2022 at 19:00

I found them when the YouTube algorithm sent one of their covers my way after I had been watching Beatles videos. I imagine that’s the case for most of us, but it would be cool to hear about any alternate routes of discovery.

• John Grant

03/11/2022 at 21:36

thank you for your story, i caught the tail end of buffalo Springfield for whats it worth and then later that night i youtube the song and MLT came up ahead of buffalo so i watched it and been hooked since, Best wishes

• Sara Pattern

21/11/2022 at 15:51

Hi I’m Sara . Appeared out of nowhere on Facebook page with a video and found myself humming the song most of the day in a particular nice sort or ear-worm in my head way. Checking it out I found more songs that were more ear- wormish (is that really a word or am I making it up either way will take credit). So in a day have become a fan up to now my music taste has been Marillion so nice to hear upbeat songs for a change(sorry Marillion I love you really). Hope to join in the fun and find out more

• John Grant

23/11/2022 at 02:49

thank you, Sara, i have a play list at work of MLT when i am doing something that’s takes me a while to do, does make the job more enjoyable

• Sara Pattern

23/11/2022 at 07:29

Must admit I’m starting to do that myself these last few days

• Jacki Hopper

01/11/2022 at 23:07

Well…it be around going on 15 yrs now that I became/discovered MLT on YT, I was curious to see if there was a decent cover version of Mamas n Papas ” California Dreaming “… Eureka …MLT’s version from get -go had me impressed and instantly a fan of theirs, and the rest is as they say … History….

They were distinctive, a refreshing change in today’s music landscape, harkening back to the days pre 2000 or for that matter, pre 1990s , when Mysic was more diverse, creative , etc and not based on looks, etc as it nowadays …

And for them ( MLT ) , to cover songs at the time I discovered, from old school classics, etc… that resonated much with me …. Even since their earlier efforts from their CDs of the Concert CD , The California CD, WWT, Orange , etc…all showcase their true strengths in the creative musicianship caliber they’ve done, that in my my mind reflects why their integrity , importantance of capturing what matters, intertwining past with present works impeccably, effectively, all generations can enjoy … 🤘💎💜☮️

• John Grant

03/11/2022 at 21:33

thank you for your story, Best wishes

• Johnnypee Parker

02/11/2022 at 00:53

Wish You Were Here

YouTube suggested their cover of WYWH and I clicked. I was blown away. There is a ton of poorly done Pink Floyd covers out there, so I may have been a little skeptic. Their cover is fantastic. They put their own touch on it and still captured every nuance of the original. After that YouTube suggested Once Upon A Time. Original songs? These are awesome! And then it was like a magical journey.Replay, replay, replay, join mailing list, dive into every MLT rabbit hole I can find, what? They have a website with a club and, and, and Why? I joined a couple of years ago and found this this group of great people enjoying this beautiful music that demands to be listened to over and over.

MLT Fans are the best!

JP

• John Grant

03/11/2022 at 21:32

thank you and like i told them during the chat they have made some covers better, Best wishes

• Jung Roe

02/11/2022 at 03:01

Hi John, a great question.

For me it was youtube that sent me MLTs cover of San Francisco. I’ve told this story here before, but it was around March of 2017 while I was still grieving my moms passing away the year before. She passed away in 2016 after a long courageous battle with dementia. San Francisco was special to me because it was the last fun trip I had with my mom before dementia took her. After she passed away, I couldn’t watch family videos of our San Francisco trip in 2004, or any other family videos, as it was too painful, even though I wanted to. I even put on Scott McKenzie’s San Francisco that I always loved, and it did not help either. Then one evening I found Mona and Lisa’s cover of San Francisco on youtube, I clicked on it, and immediately their beautiful singing and harmonies transformed my San Francisco experience with my mom to one of beauty. All the pain and sorrow melted away into one of of just absolute beauty and joy.

Through Mona and Lisa’s sublime harmonies I was able to see the beauty that was all around me and my mom when we were there, and how that was such blessing. It was as if Mona and Lisa’s singing voices grabbed and lifted me from heaven and set me straight like a couple of angels. All the scenes they filmed in San Francisco were exactly places I went with my mom, the hill overlooking the Golden Gate bridge, the little park in front of Ghirardelli chocolate factory, the winding Lombard St, Fisherman’s Wharf sign, the Cable Cars…everywhere, like that video was meant for me to see. Their music and talent are extremely special, like a precious gem in a huge ocean floor of rocks and sand. Whew, always get emotional when I tell this story.

https://youtu.be/kiJ9mob9veU

• John Grant

03/11/2022 at 21:31

thank you for the great story, best wishes

• Michael Thompson

02/11/2022 at 13:53

I stumbled on their YouTube cover of the Hollies Bus Stop. I was immediately entranced by their talent and how their personalities shown so brightly! I fell in love immediately! After following them on the YouTube for a few weeks I took a chance and entered the MLT Club. I’ve never looked back!

• Dana Hart

02/11/2022 at 15:54

First, sorry about writing a book. Once I stated I couldn’t stop…

It was the latter part of 2015. I was looking for a good vid and sound of Rolling Stones Paint it Black as had watched an episode of Tour of Duty earlier. (Anyone else remember this TV show?) Wasn’t having any luck and in the recommendations it had this interesting thumbnail of a dark silhouette of these two girls. I clicked on it because of the interesting look of the thumbnail. I was ready to be disappointed like I have been so often in the past. Needless to say I was interested right away with the videography and sound then Lisa started to sing, then Mona joined in. My jaw was on the floor! Loved everything about it!

Soon as song was over went to their video page and was floored with everything they did. Listened to all the covers and then took a chance on their originals as was expecting to be disappointed hearing the same stuff you hear on the radio. I couldn’t have been happier! It was REAL music! Bought their albums When Were Together and Beatles and More from Amazon In Jan 2016 and ordered a shirt from them later on for my birthday. After that ordered all the items direct from MLT.

MLT’s Paint It Black video is, and will remain, special to me as it led me to untold hours of peace and happiness listening to the wonderful music and watching their vids. Soon as I saw the email from MLT about the Club in October 2018 I joined. Never joined a club before and haven’t joined any since. The Club has added even more countless hours of enjoyment and has given insight into how special the Wagner family is. It is an honour and privilege to help in my small way to support keeping REAL music alive.

Thank You Rudi, Michaela, Lisa and Mona! You really do make a difference!

Wishing you only the best…Always! 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Dana Hart.
    • John Grant

03/11/2022 at 21:30

great story thank you

• Daryl Jones

14/11/2022 at 18:36

I discovered MonaLisaTwins through a clip on Facebook. Then I started following their music vids on Youtube, and finally hit their website. However, it took me some time to make a link to MLT work and join up in support of these two amazing young ladies. I managed to purchase a couple CDs via Amazon in the interim, and finally when I pre-ordered a “Why” bundle, managed to get a membership working and ended up here at last.

Jung, being of the 1960’s growing up period, I really appreciate the girl’s cover of Scott McKenzie’s fabulous song San Francisco so thanks for posting that! It’s one of those memorable songs that I heard over and over in my pre-teen years that somehow got mislaid in this world of rap and techno bee-bop electronic stuff that substitutes for music with real instruments and vocals that don’t rely on auto-tune to hold a key. Of course, now I have to work on that for my repertoire with the new 12 string haha.

• John Grant

14/11/2022 at 18:57

thank you sharing and welcome to the club

• Thomas Randall

18/11/2022 at 16:15

I was searching Youtube for Beatles videos back in “June”(!) of 2018 and came across one of their videos. I was instantly hooked! When the MLT Club started I signed up immediately! Those girls helped me through some rough medical issues in the past 4 years since.

• John Grant

19/11/2022 at 16:42

thank you and best wishes

• Len Upton

20/11/2022 at 16:36

Turned right at Greenland…..

• Johnnypee Parker

21/11/2022 at 01:34

Good one, Len ☕️

• John Grant

23/11/2022 at 02:51

thanks for the directions

• David Herrick

21/11/2022 at 01:50

I was going to correct you and say “turned LEFT at Greenland”, but I suppose you’d be travelling the other direction in this case.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!