MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum MLT-FAQs How do you stay so sweet and unaffected?

• How do you stay so sweet and unaffected?

Posted by Brian St. August on 19/04/2021 at 18:32

Having been a loyal fan of yours for a number of years, I have always been struck by the beauty of your voices, your harmonies and your musical excellence. You are both beautiful inside and out and yet it is my impression that you play down the physical beauty so as not to distract from your more important musical message.

What I would like to know is how the two of you have maintained such an open, modest and unaffected demeanor? You are not only kind to your fans, you are very kind to each other and your love for your father and Michaela always comes through.

So many of us have written about how you make our day with your music… and you certainly add a lot to mine. But I think that knowing people like you are in the World gives me confidence in our future. Whatever you do to remain so kind, understanding, patient and wise, please don’t ever stop it. Much love to both of you… Brian

Jeffery Ohlwine replied 3 years, 4 months ago 8 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    19/04/2021 at 18:34

Hi Brian,

What a flattering question, thanks a lot!
    I’ll try to answer it as best as I can but I also feel like I need to emphasise that we are probably much less perfect than your post suggests. 😉 Especially on the internet, it’s easy to present yourself in the best way possible – you just don’t post the things that emphasise your flaws … of which we have as many as the next person.

I also think that some of what you mention has to do with our upbringing. For example, we grew up in a family where looks, physical things and money were much less important than dreams, honesty and integrity, and we grew up on curiosity and an open mind which I think is the driving force for learning and becoming a better person.

We’ve tried to live by those values to various degrees of success over the years, but I think fundamentally a lot of the virtues you list stem from our upbringing as well as through learning by falling on our faces quite a few times. 😉

Anyway, thanks for the compliments, we’ll try to continue to make as many people’s days as best as possible and for as long as we can! 🙂

• Brian St. August

19/04/2021 at 21:02

Mona, thank you so much for such a thoughtful, honest and personally genuine response. Your words, in fact, are a perfect example of everything I said in my note. Not a day goes by when you do not impress me. Best always, Brian.

• Jacki Hopper

20/04/2021 at 15:55

Brian, that’s what I admire and respect of/in Team MLT for, just for those very reasons Mona, replied with. And I wish alot more people out in the world would take a lesson and learn to be likewise .. A great question to ask Team MLT.

• Jung Roe

21/04/2021 at 06:23

Mona and Lisa, you are two of the most wonderful people this world has been blessed with, and it’s because you are both so level headed and human, your music is even more meaningful and special.

• Johnnypee Parker

22/04/2021 at 02:11

Mona,

I think it is very endearing how you credit your parents for much of your success. One of the greatest joys in my life has been watching my sons grow into fine young men. Each and every one of their accomplishments a reason to celebrate. I think that is a big part of your parent’s smile.

As for falling on your face, be careful. Save that skateboard for another day. ????

JP

• Bill Isenberg

23/04/2021 at 21:09

Mona and Lisa,
    You both are what this world needs so badly, good and honest ladies that have a love and zest for life. This is so missed in today’s world. And that is part of what drew me to you both, of course your music , but knowing that there are lovely ladies like yourselves out there like I always say….your taking us along with you and letting us know , we got this and lets have fun. And my hats off to Pa Pa and Michelle, god bless them for they have raised wonderful and beautil ladies. I am the person today because of my parents, they are not here but in my heart always. So please stay groovy and keep the love and spirit of your music go on and on. It has helped me thru some hard times in my life and my little Maddie loves you both. She is 8 years old.
    Bill

• Thomas Randall

24/04/2021 at 01:53

This family has really brightened up my life in the past 4 years since I found them. They helped me through some rough patches and for that I am very grateful. What a great ride this has been!

• Jeffery Ohlwine

29/04/2021 at 12:57

I couldn’t agree more with all each person has posted here. Wonderful question to start it off, and great responses! This club is an incredible community of diverse people brought together initially by a love of great music, and brought closer by love and respect, both witnessed and returned. Of course we all have Mona, Lisa, Papa Rudi and Michaela to thank for it! Blessings to each and every one of you!

• Brian St. August

29/04/2021 at 13:22

Beautifully said, Jeffery Ohlwine, and I completely agree with you, my friend.

• Jeffery Ohlwine

29/04/2021 at 15:23

Thank you, Brian for starting this all off. I’ve only been a member since November, but this is easily the best string of replies I’ve seen. Truly restores faith in the human race that often wanes in these odd times.

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!