MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion I reccomend watching ” Echo in the Canyon” on Netflix …

• I reccomend watching ” Echo in the Canyon” on Netflix …

Posted by Jacki Hopper on 06/09/2020 at 19:21

I just watched ” Echo In The Canyon ” on Netflix in Canada, loved it, I actually prefer Bob Dylan’s son Jakob’s singing voice over his Dads…lol…I enjoyed watching/ hearing the interviews, the renditions, and seeing tge actual studios still in existence….

I highly reccomend  watching this on Netflix in Canada, or the USA version or whatever streaming service has it available.

Joseph Manzi replied 4 years ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Jung Roe

06/09/2020 at 22:06

Jacki, yeah I enjoyed this movie too.  Some great insight into the Mama and Papas, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Beach Boys etc.   When I saw it a few months ago I didn’t realize Jakob was Bob Dylan’s son until a little later, but remembering thinking he kind of looks like Bob Dylan!  🙂

• David Herrick

06/09/2020 at 23:11

Ah, yes, I remember when we discussed this then-upcoming movie a while back.  I was planning on catching it at its theatrical premiere in May, but then the world ended.  Guess I’ll have to find it on-line.

• Joseph Manzi

07/09/2020 at 04:26

Jacki,

A Great movie – Tom Petty, Ringo, Clapton, Stills,  Roger McQuinn, John Sebastian. Jakob Dylan, Fiona Apple, Beck and Norah Jones and more. Oh can’t forget Michelle Phillips. A lot of great music from the California sound. If you have not seen Echo In The Canyon make the time and see it. You will not be disappointed. I liked so much  got the dvd.

• Howard

07/09/2020 at 07:42

I’ve been intending to see this movie but just haven’t got around to it. There is so much good stuff on Netflux. I also remember discussion about it earlier this year. Thanks for the reminder Jacki. It is now top of my must watch list!

• Jung Roe

07/09/2020 at 09:26

Jacki, watching that movie highlighted some great Mamas and Papas songs like this one.  Perfect for the start of a new week.

https://youtu.be/h81Ojd3d2rY

• Joseph Manzi

07/09/2020 at 13:11

Trailer– Echo in the Canyon

https://youtu.be/QRVFBQHBUls

• Joseph Manzi

07/09/2020 at 13:13
  • Joseph Manzi

07/09/2020 at 16:07

Jacki, I agree with you that Jakob Dylan has a good singing voice.

• Joseph Manzi

08/09/2020 at 04:39

Not sure if you know this. Norah Jones is the daughter of Ravi Shankar who taught George Harrison to play the sitar. She is a talent.

• Jacki Hopper

08/09/2020 at 05:21

Hey Joe, Yes, I became aware of this some yrs back when I first heard of Norah Jones and wanted to know more, what a gem of info this was to find out at the time….

• Joseph Manzi

08/09/2020 at 12:11

I agree Jacki, She has a great voice. Have a good day.

Joe

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!