MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion If You Had The Opportunity To perform with MLT

• If You Had The Opportunity To perform with MLT

Posted by Jacki Hopper on 13/01/2020 at 23:01

So….if you had the opportunity to once in a lifetime perform with MLT, your talent/skills not withstanding… What 10 songs (MLT /Non MLT) would you choose to perform with MLT and what instruments of choice would you consider using?!….

For Me: I’d choose to sing, play perhaps tambourine /harmonica drums, guitar /uke/cowbell, etc…. Lol…(If I could magically play the guitar/uke)–lol) And my song choices :

(1) Wide Wide Land (2) Sweet Lorraine (3) Club 27 (4)All I want Christmas To Be (5)I Don’t Birds That Well

(7)I Saw Her Standing There (8)Wake Up Little Susie (9)I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

(10)Bus Stop… These songs I’d probably stick with but then again, could change, mood depending.. Lol… Looking forward to everyone ‘s replies… ?

Jim Yahr replied 4 years, 8 months ago 7 Members · 19 Replies
  • 19 Replies
  • Jung Roe

13/01/2020 at 23:28

For me the instrument would be piano.  The songs would be Still A Friend Of Mine, and All I Want Christmas To Be.  Perhaps also The Wide Wide Land, Close To You, and Count on Me.  These would need the acoustic guitar parts transcribed to piano.  Of the covers, Imagine, and Walking In The Air.  One can always dream I guess like winning the lottery jackpot. ?

• David Herrick

14/01/2020 at 02:15

Well, Jacki, that “talent/skills notwithstanding” clause is a difficult conceptual bump to get over.  I can’t imagine what I would want to do until I had actually attempted to learn how to do everything.  And even then, I still think I’d just prefer to listen to them.

Realistically, I have a passable deep-ranging singing voice, so maybe I could add some background doo-wop syllables to “Close to You”.  And I played clarinet in my junior high school band, so I could take it out of mothballs and work on contributing to “When I’m 64”.

• Jacki Hopper

14/01/2020 at 03:20

Enjoying the replies, keep em coming…. Lol?

• Howard

14/01/2020 at 08:42

Well Jacki, there’s no way I’d inflict my ‘singing’ voice on anyone, but especially the MLT, and as I’m tone deaf I wouldn’t be playing any instruments. Maybe they could let me know when to come in with the cowbell if any of their songs require it. Perhaps they could learn “Honky Tonk Women”, just for me.

• David Herrick

14/01/2020 at 12:55

This could work, Howard.  There’s also cowbell in “A Hard Day’s Night”, “Drive My Car”, “You Can’t Do That”, “Down on the Corner”, “Grazing in the Grass”, and “She’d Rather Be with Me”.

• Howard

14/01/2020 at 13:06

Yes, that could work for me David. A very good selection there. “She’d Rather Be with Me” is my favourite Turtles’ song so I’d of course love Mona and Lisa to do a cover. If they need someone for the cowbell, I’m definitely available.

• David Herrick

14/01/2020 at 15:15

Groovy!  I’m looking forward to that one-second solo on “How-bell”, as your fans will come to call it.

• Jacki Hopper

14/01/2020 at 17:30

Lol…well, well, well now, looks like we have a legion of CowBellers on here, well, Count On Me to be one too,  as that’s one instrument I long to play as I’ve never have …yet…to tackle and wish to, seeing how I do love Cows….hey, it’s settled then. Howard, Dave and myself will be the : CowHowJaxDaveBellersGroovy3…. GrMoovy !!!!

• John Behle

14/01/2020 at 22:37

I’d love to play the guitar along with them, but the drums is something I could come up to speed on.  Any 60’s song would do.  Performing would be cool, but I think it would be more fun to hang out with them practicing and perfecting or creating a song.  With the “Talent/skills not withstanding” caveat, I’d love to sing along with them.  Twist and Shout would be cool.

• John Behle

14/01/2020 at 22:49

By the way Howard and others from down under.  You’ve been on my mind and I’ve been concerned over this fire situation.  How are you doing?  I had my office building destroyed by a fire years ago, so it kind of strikes close to home for me.

• Michael Rife

15/01/2020 at 03:27

Hi Jackie and all;

I would jump at the chance.  I could do drums or rhythm guitar or mandolin and sing harmony (either baritone or tenor).  10 songs??  Hmmmmmm………including covers I would want:

1) This Boy

2) If I Fell

3) You’re Gonna Lose That Girl

4) Sweet Loraine

5) Close To You

6) Wide, Wide Land

7) In My Life

8) Count on  Me

9) Here, There, and Everywhere

10) In It for Love

• Michael Rife

15/01/2020 at 13:54

To be honest for the chance of playing just one song with them I would set up all the equipment (amp, mics, drums, and all other backline equipment) carrying it in from the auto to the stage, I would tune all of their instruments,  I would make sure that they would have bottles of water nearby when they were performing, and I would make sure the “green room” was stocked with whatever they wanted.  Mike.

• Howard

15/01/2020 at 15:34

Maybe if the MLT were to cover Bob Dylan’s “Wigwam”, I could support them on vocals.

Wigwam – Bob Dylan Cover

https://youtu.be/Zz6uIvk82HA

• Jacki Hopper

15/01/2020 at 21:30

Hey Mike… If I couldn’t sing or play any instrument… I’d be inclined to do as you ‘d be doing… I certainly would want to have input… If I couldn’ t musically, then by all means backstage stuff, equipment, etc as you mentioned because I’d enjoy doing behind the scenes just as much as being onstage…. I may be small but I’m versatile and enjoy doing what I know I’d be capable of doing ?

• Jung Roe

15/01/2020 at 22:28

While Mike and Jacki are doing all the backstage stuff, I will be happy to chauffer MLT all over the country to the different venues.  ?

Page 1 of 2

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!