Tagged: 

• It’s About Time!

Posted by Howard on 15/02/2019 at 12:20

Following Jung’s poem about ‘Time’, I was inspired to research songs with ‘Time’ in the title and was embarrassed I had previously left out MLT’s ‘One More Time’.

Stones: ‘Time Is On My Side’, ‘The Last Time’, Out Of Time”, Time Waits For No One’
    Pink Floyd: ‘Time’
    From Casablanca: ‘As Time Goes By’
    Jim Croce: ‘Time In A Bottle’
    Bob Seeger: ‘Old Time Rock & Roll’
    The Doors: ‘Love Me Two Times’
    Jerry Lee Lewis: ‘Another Place Another Time’
    Billy Joel: ‘The Longest Time’ and ‘Get It Right The First Time’
    Chicago: ‘Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is’
    The EasyBeats: ‘Good Times’
    Cyndi Lauper: ‘Time After Time’
    Jennifer Warnes: ‘I’ve Had The Time Of My Life’
    Petula Clark: ‘Sign Of The Times’
    Elvis Costello and The Attractions: ‘Man Out Of Time’
    The Beach Boys: ‘I Just Wasn’t Made For These Times’
    Jeff St John: ‘Big Time Operator’ (1967 Australian)
    The Kinks: ‘Where Have All The Good Times Gone’ and ‘This Time Tomorrow’
    Commodores: ‘Three Times A Lady’
    Sting and The Police: ‘All This Time’ and ‘No Time This Time’
    Cher: ‘If I could Turn Back Time’
    Led Zeppelin: ‘Your Time Is Gonna Come’
    Tom Petty: ‘Time To Move On’
    Eric Clapton: ‘Tulsa Time’
    Crosby, Stills and Nash: ‘Long Time Gone’
    The Zombies: ‘Time Of The Season’
    Glen Campbell: ‘By The Time I Get To Phoenix’
    Beatles: ‘Any Time At All’
    Neil Young: ‘Comes A Time’
    Roberta Flack: ‘The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face’
    Deep Purple: ‘Child In Time’
    Bob Dylan: “The Times They Are A Changin’” and ‘4th Time Around’
    John Wait, The Babys: ‘Isn’t It Time’ and ‘Every Time I Think of You’
    Grand Funk Railroad: ‘Time Machine’ and ‘Bad Time’
    The Clash: ‘One More Time’ and of course the one and only …..
    MLT: ‘One More Time’

And dare I mention it in this illustrious Club: ‘Baby One More Time’ by Britney Spears

Matt Hay replied 4 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Jung Roe

15/02/2019 at 23:28

Wow Howard, that’s an impressive list.  I got to dig out the Kinks “where have all the good times gone” for a listen.

I thought of another MLT one.  “Once upon a Time”, and Beach Boys “Good Timin”.

• Howard

16/02/2019 at 01:09

Well I’ve just lost some brownie points missing that MLT one Jung. My list wasn’t meant to be definitive. Here are some more:

The Allman Brothers Band: ‘Ain’t Wastin Time No More’
    Tony Orlando and Dawn: ‘Knock Three Times’
    Peter Gabriel: ‘Big Time’
    Eagles: ‘Wasted Time’
    Paul Young: ‘Every Time You Go Away’
    Prince: ‘Sign O’ The Time’
    Led Zeppelin: ‘How Many More Times’
    Poison: ‘Nothin’ But A Good Time’
    Michael Jackson: ‘Remember The Time’
    Culture Club: ‘Time (Clock Of The Heart)
    Asia: ‘Only Time Will Tell’
    The Guess Who: ‘No Time’
    Platters: ‘Twilight Time’
    The Beach Boys: ‘Time To Get Alone’
    Joe Jackson: ‘Got The Time’
    Daft Punk: ‘One More Time’
    The Cars: ‘Good Times Roll’

And you all probably think this of me:

Styx: ‘Too Much Time On My Hands’
    Eagles: ‘Wasted Time’ and finally,
    REO Speedwagon: ‘Time For Me To Fly’

• Jung Roe

16/02/2019 at 08:12

Howard, it’s easy for me to come up with a few songs, but you are like a walking music library.  Just heard The Guess Who “No Time”.  Haven’t heard that one in a long time, what a gem it was!  Thanks for digging these up to enjoy!

Another great 60’s tune that doesn’t have “time” in it’s title, but is all about time is the Byrds “Turn, Turn, Turn”.

• Jacki Hopper

20/02/2019 at 20:37

Yep… And probably a gazillion more… Hmmm… I wonder… If any Canadian bands or singers of past and present have Time Themed songs… Lol… Jim Croce… Time in a Bottle… That just came to me now .. Not Canadian or Cyndi Lauoer’s Time After Time… Lol

• Howard

16/03/2019 at 18:26

Probably the iconic pop song about ‘Time’ was written and recorded over 50 years ago but only recently released.  Now I could imagine the MLT doing a great rendition of this sixties song from the Kinks. It is a very beautiful song that Ray didn’t think was good enough to be released. Yes, Ray Davies Trash is our Treasure.

https://youtu.be/jOBjwkaW-T0?list=PLnCV3PhfRrs3K_dkz4OMw8toC1zKngEsP

• Jung Roe

16/03/2019 at 19:27

That’s a beautiful song by the Kinks and wonderful lyrics.  I’m surprised Ray Davies didn’t think it was good enough at the time.  I’m glad it eventually got released after much “time”, and thanks Howard for sharing that.  I agree there are a lot of wonderful Kinks covers MLT could do that would be great.  They nailed “You Really Got Me” so wonderfully!

Time if you think about it can really fascinates, just like the vast universe and all the stars.

• Howard

16/03/2019 at 20:10

Finally, may I finish with an Australian band who had a ‘Time’ themed song released in 1969, about a year after the unreleased Kink’s ‘Time Song’?

The Australian band ‘Zoot’ featured Darryl Cotton on lead vocals, Beeb Birtles on bass (later a founding member of the ‘Little River Band’) and Rick Springfield on guitar. After the break up of Zoot, Springfield moved to the United States in mid-1972, where he achieved international fame as a solo artist, songwriter, and actor, including a number one hit with ‘Jessie’s Girl’, a worldwide hit which peaked at No. 1 for two weeks in the U.S. on the Hot 100 and the Australian Kent Music Report singles chart.

‘It’s About Time’

https://youtu.be/g1HFOwXv1jU

• Howard

09/08/2020 at 02:47

I can’t remember Jung’s poem about ‘Time’, maybe he could remind us!

However, here is another Australian performer I remember well from a couple of years earlier.

JEFF ST JOHN AND THE ID – Big Time Operator

https://youtu.be/yKyp5xko1F8

• David Herrick

09/08/2020 at 03:45

To supplement Howard’s extensive list, I’ll note that the Monkees recorded their fair share of “time” songs as well.

In the 60’s there was “No Time” (not the Guess Who song), “Looking for the Good Times”, and “Pillow Time”.

Their 2016 album included “Good Times” (apparently they finally found what they were looking for), “Gotta Give it Time”, and “I Was There (and I’m Told I Had a Good Time)”.

And finally, their 2018 Christmas album featured a cover of Paul McCartney’s “Wonderful Christmastime”.

• Howard

09/08/2020 at 04:10

And how could I possibly forget this number from Australia’s Zoot.

Zoot ‎– “One Times, Two Times, Three Times, Four”. Yes, it was the Bubble Gum era.

https://youtu.be/X5X4Kmc0DXQ

• Matt Hay

09/08/2020 at 11:47

Howard, surprised you didn’t mention Zoot’s amazing cover of Eleanor Rigby in passing :p

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!