MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion john Sebastian at the musicians HoF

• Tom Fones

10/10/2021 at 16:35
    Combining videos here. This is good.

Cat/Yusuf looks good. Keb Mo sounds good.

• Jürgen

10/10/2021 at 19:13

Hello Tom, I know “Peace Train” only as a solo version of Cat Stevens. The integration of a choir, drummers, didgeridoo etc. makes the whole thing really varied and I like it. At the keyword „combining videos“ I had to think of the Traveling Wilburys (George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty and Bob Dylan). I don’t even know if you like that music. Unfortunately none of the videos could be embedded here. What a pity. What do you think about this combined troupe?

https://youtu.be/uWc4wMyL1oI

• Tom Fones

10/10/2021 at 19:17

I was never big on Prince’s music.

I didn’t know what a musician he was until after he passed.

• Tom Fones

11/10/2021 at 04:06

I did like Tom Petty-Heartbreakers and the Wilburys.

• Jürgen

11/10/2021 at 15:42

Hello Tom, thanks for your reply. I am just thinking about what music you like to listen to, so maybe I can pick out some stuff. You posted an interesting interview with John Sebastian and a video of Cat Stevens. What other music do you like?

• Tom Fones

12/10/2021 at 16:42

There is very little music which i don’t enjoy.

There is a lot of good stuff i haven’t noticed.

Share whatever you like.

• Tom Fones

13/10/2021 at 16:00
    • Jürgen

14/10/2021 at 16:55

Thanks for the interesting interview / documentary again Tom

• Jung Roe

16/10/2021 at 04:35

Hi Tom, that was a great interview video with John Sebastian hearing about his association with the Mamas and Papas, Bob Dylan, and working with CSNY and the Doors, and his unexpected and spontaneous performance at Woodstock. Enjoyed it, thanks.

• Tom Fones

16/10/2021 at 05:20

I still can’t get over him borrowing Tim Hardin’s guitar at the last minute, and Hardin not being real attached to his guitars on account of his problem.

Tim Hardin died at 39 and left a young family behind. I was a big fan.

Smuggling Man, Lenny’s Tune, Tribute to Hank Williams, Lady Came From Baltimore,

How can we hang on to a dream …

and everyone remembers Reason to Believe & If i were a carpenter.

• Jung Roe

16/10/2021 at 04:47

Hi Jurgen, that While Guitar Gently Weeps performance was done with quite the star lineup on stage. Toward the end Prince really added a lot of flourish with this guitar work and stage showmanship. I’m not too familiar with Prince and how he stacks up as a guitarist with the greats, but his playing resembles a bit of Hendricks and Santana. Thanks for sharing that.

• Tom Fones

16/10/2021 at 05:40

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!