• Refugio Arellano

08/12/2020 at 13:54

Hi Joe, if I remember it was all over the news

It was something tragic that saddened many

• Joseph Manzi

08/12/2020 at 15:12

Good morning Refugio,

You are so right. Like when John Kennedy was assassinated.  Yea I remember watching Monday Night Football and Howard Cosell announced that John Lennon was assassinated.

I couldn’t believe it.   Now 40 years later. And I always wonder what John could have done.

If he was not assassinated. I hope Chapman never get a parole and he stays in Jail till he dies.

• Lynn T. Newcomb

08/12/2020 at 19:18

Twenty-five years ago I was listening to “Imagine” when I suddenly started crying.  I believe it was the last time I cried for John until last year when I was in a theater watching the movie “Yesterday”.  One of the most surreal and sad moments in the movie was seeing John alive and well near the age of 80.

• Kevin Hinson

09/12/2020 at 03:58

I remember the moment someone approached me at work and told me that John Lennon had been killed. It was one of those moments in life you never forget. So very sad to needlessly lose someone that gave so much to the world. His gift of music will never die. The future of the music is in good hands with MLT.

• Jung Roe

09/12/2020 at 07:15

I remember I was at home in my room doing homework listening to the radio when the breaking news came on.  I can vividly remember that moment, feeling what John died!  There were a lot of sad and beautiful tributes for many days to come from all over the world.  I remember seeing one major network tribute of John, showing the New York candlelight tribute with thousands of people with Imagine playing.  That song felt so beautiful.  His music will live on forever.

• Michael Rife

10/12/2020 at 13:47

Hi all;

By 1980 I was working for an electric company in North Carolina.  It was a Monday night and had Monday Night Football on the TV.  Like I often do, I fell asleep during the game.  I woke up at the end of the game and heard Howard Cosell say, “More about the Lennon murder on your local news.”  In my groggy half asleep state I thought about what I had just heard and thought, “No, I didn’t hear that correctly.”  And, I went up to bed.  When I woke up the next day, I found out the terrible news was true.  Mike.

• Lynn T. Newcomb

10/12/2020 at 17:20

Thank you, Joe, for starting this thread.

• Joseph Manzi

10/12/2020 at 17:35

You are quite welcome Lynn,  We has a lot of nice responses.

I just got the DVD Yesterday and really enjoyed that myself. It was very touching movie.

Have a good one

Joe

• David Herrick

07/02/2021 at 21:04

A footnote: today (Feb. 6) John would have been exactly twice the age that he actually reached.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!