MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Judith Durham Seekers Group

Tagged: 

• Judith Durham Seekers Group

Posted by Bill Isenberg on 11/08/2022 at 00:08

So so sad that Judith Durham has passed away a few days ago. Such a lovely voice and so unique style. Georgy Girl, Another You….and one of the sounds of the 1960’s. Prayers to the Seekers and Judith’s family. God Bless Judith

Bill

Thomas Randall replied 2 years, 1 month ago 6 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • David Herrick

11/08/2022 at 01:35

Amen to that, Bill. I’ve made no secret in this club of my admiration for the Seekers, and Judith in particular. She, Karen Carpenter, and Julie Andrews all have perfect voices that I could happily listen to for hours.

I think what made the Seekers special was Judith’s powerful jazz-trained voice on top of the guys’ smooth folk voices. That sort of combination had never been tried before, and it’s why you can always tell a Seekers recording just from the sound of it.

• Bill Isenberg

11/08/2022 at 19:35

Well put David, Judith is in a special class of ladies with lovely voices for sure. And their harmony’s blend perfect and easy on the ears.

• Len Upton

11/08/2022 at 05:50

Predictably, there are quite a few clips on YouTube. One of the best is the Seekers recording I’ll Never Find Another You at Abbey Road Studios. Yes, one of those fine distinctive voices.

• Bill Isenberg

11/08/2022 at 19:36

Len,

Thanks for the information, I just pulled that up on U Tube and it is amazing to watch and listen. Wow going to watch it again.

Thanks

BILL

• Jacki Hopper

12/08/2022 at 14:37

Hi there Bill, you may/may not be aware of this fact but Dusty Springfield’s older brother wrote a few of the Seekers big hits… ” Georgy- Girl”, ” I Know I’ll Never Find Another You”, and some other songs he wrote that they had recorded during their career…Sad news to hear and she had a lovely, distinctive voice, RIP Judith ☮

• Bill Isenberg

12/08/2022 at 15:29

Hi Jacki, my oh my thank you for that information, did not know that, wow so cool to hear. And yes so sad she is gone, I loved her voice and style. If I am not mistaken? I think she is from Australia? Can anyone confirm that?

• David Herrick

12/08/2022 at 17:00

That’s right, Bill. All the Seekers are from Melbourne. A couple of them have even written impressive patriotic songs. Check out Bruce Woodley’s “I Am Australian” and Judith Durham’s “Australia Land of Today”.

• Bill Isenberg

12/08/2022 at 19:36

Thank you David! Just wanted to make sure.

Bill

• Jung Roe

14/08/2022 at 03:02

Hi Bill, I’m not very familiar with the Seekers other than what I’ve seen posted here, and Judith certainly has a wonderful voice. It’s sad when music loses one it’s shining stars.

• Thomas Randall

15/08/2022 at 23:37

Yes it’s sad we lost Judith. What a fantastic voice she had. “I’ll never find another you” is such a classic and I’ve must have played that song a million times over the years.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!