MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Lisa – Paul, Mona – John?

• Lisa – Paul, Mona – John?

Posted by Lynn T. Newcomb on 19/08/2020 at 00:59

I could ask this question of Mona and Lisa, but I thought I’d let everyone else chime in first.  I’ll admit I’m being lazy because after a dozen or so songs I decided this should be a group project.  Here’s what I’ve observed from listening to several Beatles songs:  Lisa predominantly leads when the song was originally led by Paul, and Mona predominantly leads when it was John.  There are notable exceptions (Lisa leads on Imagine and In My Life) so maybe I just happen to hit on several that follow this pattern and really there is no pattern.  What does everyone else think?

Joseph Manzi replied 4 years, 1 month ago 9 Members · 30 Replies
  • 30 Replies
  • Michael Rife

19/08/2020 at 01:15

Well, there is a lot of George influencing Lisa.  Both George and Lisa are lead guitarists and Lisa is quickly becoming one of the best lead guitarists anywhere.  Also, John was always a little edgier and Mona is not quite that edgy……but she did sing lead on Sweet Lorraine and L-O-L-A.  So who knows.  Mike.

• Joseph Manzi

19/08/2020 at 01:15

Hi Lynn, I would agree with your statement. Mona / John   Lisa/Paul

• Jacki Hopper

19/08/2020 at 02:00

I guess I’m odd ball woman here, I think the opposite…Mona is the edgier one vocally…while Lusa does the more balladry,  softer vocals but can indeed channel George through her guitar  playing while Mona, a little bit  of  everything/everyone…They arevequally gifted in their own right, I’m leaving it at that…lol ??✌

• Howard

19/08/2020 at 06:57

I argued this point early on in the Club and got it hopelessly wrong. I no longer try to pigeon hole them as they don’t pigeon hole themselves. When making the decision on who will sing lead, it doesn’t seem to be anything to do with who sang the original. What they do is both sing the song and then they decide which is the best fit. This process seems to work well for them and always suits me fine.

• Jung Roe

19/08/2020 at 07:11

I know that Mona and Lisa both have said Mona can do the raspier vocals better for leads in the harder rock songs like Revolution and Club 27, and Lisa does the highs better like Both Sides Now and Still A Friend of Mine, but as Howard said generally if the song vocal requirements are not so clear cut like Lola, they both try the different vocal parts and then decide who’s better suited on a case by case basis.

• Jacki Hopper

19/08/2020 at 07:16

Agreed…they are equal in their own right, but will decide who does what according to song, and who’s  more comfortable doing lead, etc…???

• Lynn T. Newcomb

19/08/2020 at 13:06

Mona is great on “Revolution” which is what led me down this path, but after further review I found that Lisa did more “John” songs than Mona did.  I did discover that they sang many songs as a duet rather than the way the Beatles did it, with either John or Paul leading.  Perhaps they couldn’t decide who sang it “best”, so they both did it.  As for George, Lisa does outstanding with “While my Guitar…” with both guitar and voice.  Thanks for the info, Howard and Jung, on their method of choosing.  It makes perfect sense.  And sorry, Mike, that I wasn’t specific about talking about “singing” lead.

• Gert Just Jensen

19/08/2020 at 13:09

Lisa is the main leadsinger on most of their songs, but Mona usually sings the rock songs

• Howard

19/08/2020 at 13:33

All we really know is what they have told us. They collaborate to decide who sings what and I’m sure Rudolf would have his input. They have also told us that Lisa tends to sing higher and Mona lower.

• Rick Ross

19/08/2020 at 14:23

As stated above, and coming from Mona and Lisa themselves..

We usually try the song out individually and whichever sounds the best for what we want to accomplish. It doesn’t matter to us who sings lead, just as long as we get it right. There are no hard feelings when comes to our music

• Joseph Manzi

19/08/2020 at 16:09

Mona is the Rock and Roller which would be Lennon

Liza is more conservative and does better with Love Songs and Ballads .

I would like to see them switch and see what they can do then, Also with lead and rhythm guitars.

• Joseph Manzi

19/08/2020 at 16:10

Sorry Lisa

• David Herrick

19/08/2020 at 16:25

Joe, just FYI, you can go back in and correct a typo or what not by clicking on EDIT, to the top right of your post.

• Joseph Manzi

19/08/2020 at 16:41

Ah Da! On my part. Still not familiar with everything. How do you do emojis.

Thank you Howard

• Howard

19/08/2020 at 16:45

I think you mean David, Joe.

Page 1 of 2

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!